“Dreadful experience”

Hodge's Creek Marina Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Road Town
Hodge's Creek Marina Hotel
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Road Town
“Dreadful experience”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We used this hotel as it was convenient when the Hurricane required us to leave our charter boat. The hotel rooms are basic but Ok for one night stay. However the staff are indifferent, belligerent and incompetent. We negotiated a rate for the rooms (there were 9 of us) which was not honoured when we checked out. In addition the hotel put through an unauthorised charge of over $1200 on the credit card which has taken me several days to get refunded. The whole episode was unpleasant and like the previous reviewer I assume they only survive as there is no other hotel close by. Do not stay here if you have choice and watch every transaction you make with a credit card.

Room Tip: If you have to stay us the sea view rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank geands

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Allen, Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Based on the feedback provided here, we just decided to book at the Long Bay Beach resort... I sure hope the Hodge's Creek marina will learn a lesson.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Road Town hotels

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We were not planning on staying at Hodges Creek, I had read the reviews prior to booking my trip, we ended up staying at Long Bay Beach Resort, which we loved....That being said our last night of 7 nights with Tradewinds Cruise Club we decided we wanted to stay on solid ground. The only choice close was Hodges Creek. I asked to see the room prior deciding to stay that night, which we could tell they didn't appreciate, but again because of the reviews I insisted. The room looked like a bad Motel 6, but it was priced like a Marriott at $155 a night. Again we really need to sleep on land, so we went ahead and took the room. what we didn't know was there was NO hot water in the entire hotel. When we called we were told it would be fixed immediately, it never was, we did confirm with other guests that no one had hot water.. The only discount we got was $5.00 the day we checked out, why bother???? We were told they didn't care if we posted our review on the web, guess they think they have a corner on the market.....

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sptfyr
orrinct
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I went to BVI with relatives for a wedding. Our hotel stay was setup a couple weeks in advance however when we got to the small lobby the front desk attendant (who was on the phone and acted like i was bothering her for coming inside) said there were no reservations. The room they gave us smelled pretty bad but it was good sized, the ocean view was amazing. Some stores where no longer open and everything shuts down after 930. The hotel in general was dirty and deserted, We only had two towels daily in the bathroom. The room was supposed to be paid for in advance yet the hotel tried to charge me again. After calling my bank, I found out they charged me when i checked in. This hotel is shady and to top it off i think i got bed bug bites

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank orrinct
PR
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I was invited to a trip by boat from Puerto Rico to BVI by relatives. I had no saying in where we were going to stay. When we arrived we had to whait half hour to check in there was no one in the tiny lobby. The room they gave us smelled and I felt sick, I then complained and they offered another room. There was no security in the area, I was told a security gard came on eleven pm and leaves at seven am, we never saw anyone. Some stores where no longer open. The pool was dirty. We only had two towels daily in the bathroom. They charged $154 a night , no coffe maker, never cleaned the balcony chairs. To me it was a total ripoff.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Fort Burt Hotel
Fort Burt Hotel
#9 of 13 in Road Town
Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel

Been to Hodge's Creek Marina Hotel? Share your experiences!