Doesn't look like much on first impression, when you drive onto the property off a main road until you meet Pamela. the manager who is quite 'cool' and funky character. so immediately I felt at home. The resort is quite the opposite of these new over the top all inclusive, glitzy soulless establishments that seem to litter the entire Caribbean. The Fort Recovery is a real old fashion quaint charming resort. Pamela (quite a personality) greets you at the front office and gives you a 'run down' of the place and shows you where everything is
Our room was great, extremely clean and well appointed, quite large with a lovely balcony that seem to sit right over the sea. the views were wonderful and sounds of the sea was always audible. we happen to be there when there was quite a bit of heavy rain over a couple of days and it was so romantic and exciting to hear the rain on the sea and to sit on the balcony and marvel at the view. My boyfriend and I spent quite a bit of time our room during our stay there. and we were thoroughly comfortable and happy.
there is Yoga studio in the resort and although I am a keen yoga fan, I never got a chance to use use the studio. Pamela did assure me that Yoga classes were available everyday, if I'd just let her know in advance and I think it was free.
Another great thing was the location which was very convenient and central on the west end side of the Island, which is my favorite side, with easy access to popular spots on the island, like Sophers Hole, Cane Garden Bay, Apple Bay, etc
All in all I would thoroughly recommend Fort Recovery Beach Villas & Hotel. If you are looking for some place quaint, personable, discreet, and unpretentious, then this is the place.
there was only one little problem we had which was really not that serious, that was the mosquitos, which were a bit annoying. The hotel is right on the sea so it is reasonable that here should be mosquitos about.
Now that I know this place We would definitely go back there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel is a small, unique hotel located on Tortola, British Virgin Islands and is family owned & operated since 1969. Chosen by Discovery's Travel Channel, Fort Recovery was the only Hotel Selected on Tortola for their exclusive Caribbean showcase. They were also chosen as the Captain's Guide Magazine's "Best Resort," by the Reader's of the Captain's Guide Magazine. All suites are directly on the beach with Cable TV, A/C, free WI-FI, housekeeping, private balcony/patio/deck, living room, kitchen, master bedroom, full bathroom and more. Views are unmatched and completely unobstructed, right on the calm, Caribbean side of Tortola. On site is a full service Spa with professionally trained staff. There is an in-house, private restaurant also serving breakfast and dinner daily. 24/7 on-site management and knowledgeable front desk staff are always there at your service! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa And Suites Hotel
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa Hotel Road Town
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Fort Recovery Beachfront
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel Tortola/Road Town