We were told "don't tell TripAdvisor". We were island hopping trying different hotels and planning future trips. We have been all over the virgin islands and to Tortola before and had a nice time. Room we reserved wasn't available and we weren't told in advance. Rooms are clean, nice and have a view. However, they missed the mark, windows and doors whistled as the wind blew thru. the air conditioner was very dated and loud. The palm trees raked across the metal roof all night keeping us awake. Tv was tiny and could not be watched from bed, also remotes weren't programmed and most of the channels weren't available. Nothing complementary in the room, water or coffee. Full kitchen yes, only had two glasses and one was clipped. We went to sit on the beach and ALL of the lounge chairs were broken. Beach is very small but would do in a pinch. Restaurant is available but only if you order your dinner in the morning. the restaurant looks like the picture but that is basically all of it, very small and I wouldn't recommend it. Breakfast is 12.99 for a basic meal, 2.00 gratuity is added to the meal. Never saw the lounge, drinks were available if you asked at the desk. Pool was a pool not nice not bad, in between the buildings no real view of anything. Common area was clean and open. it was a little tight for the taxi vans to get in and out especially with the managements Audi sitting in the way. Just thought that was rude, employee parking should be out of the way. Nothing is within walking distance of the hotel. Bottom line felt they were overpriced for the condition of the hotel, hardly any amenities, web site was misleading, and felt they wanted to charge us for every little thing.
Don't understand how so many other people loved this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel is a small, unique hotel located on Tortola, British Virgin Islands and is family owned & operated since 1969. Chosen by Discovery's Travel Channel, Fort Recovery was the only Hotel Selected on Tortola for their exclusive Caribbean showcase. They were also chosen as the Captain's Guide Magazine's "Best Resort," by the Reader's of the Captain's Guide Magazine. All suites are directly on the beach with Cable TV, A/C, free WI-FI, housekeeping, private balcony/patio/deck, living room, kitchen, master bedroom, full bathroom and more. Views are unmatched and completely unobstructed, right on the calm, Caribbean side of Tortola. On site is a full service Spa with professionally trained staff. There is an in-house, private restaurant also serving breakfast and dinner daily. 24/7 on-site management and knowledgeable front desk staff are always there at your service! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa Hotel Road Town
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa And Suites Hotel
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Fort Recovery Beachfront
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel Tortola/Road Town