“No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem...”

Kuralu Private Catamaran Charters
Ranked #2 of 25 Tours in Road Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Kuralu is a 50’ Catamaran offering the best daysail trips in the BVI to stunning islands and beautiful snorkeling spots. Sail in complete comfort to Sandy Spit, White Bay at Jost Van Dyke, the Indians and Caves at Norman Island. Snorkeling equipment, open bar and a gourmet lunch is included. No overcrowding and private groups a specialty. Safe for children, plenty of shade and a freshwater shower. Voted number 1 for a reason!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem...”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We chartered Kuralu for the day...on a stop over in Tortola; supposed to stop at Sandy Spit for a swim and snorkel, but the water was too rough. Gary sailed about 5 minutes away to Little Jost Van Dyke, and we were able to swim and snorkel for 45 or so minutes. After that stop, we sailed to Jost Van Dyke and swam to shore. Visited the numerous bars and drank at Soggy Dollar Bar...Kenny Chesney's video of No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem was filmed there.
Pros: sailing, good lunch, beer, Gary, Lauren, and swimming blue waters
Cons: n/a

Kamloops, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent day charters with Kuralu”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We took both charters that Gary offers going to Sandy Spit and Jost Van Dyke and Norman Island (the caves and the Indians). Gary and his crew Lauren and Edward were extremely professional, friendly and went out of their way to make sure our sailing experience was the highlight of our trip to Tortola. Lots of fish (even barracuda which I had never seen before), turtles and crystal clear water and incredible coral. Thank you again to Gary, Lauren, Edward and Grommit.

1 Thank ijkm
Chillicothe, Ohio
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great day sail to The Indians and Norman Islands.”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

It's been over a month since our trip to the BVI. I day dream about our week we spent together in paradise almost everyday. We decided to do a day sail at the last minute of our trip. We had already been to Jost and Virgin Gorda, so a day sail to Normand island and the Indians was perfect. The moment we got on the boat Gary and Lauren made us feel comfortable and took care of us. Lauren started us off with rum punch and fresh fruit as we started off. As be began to leave Gary realized Gromit (the sail dog) had jumped ship. We went back for her and then we off. It was amazing!!! Gary and Lauren told us about the islands. Lauren lifted the sails and we sailed across water with soft music playing and rum punch pouring and wind in our hair and I was snuggled up with my husband just soaking up every minute of the moment!! It was great!! The caves were to cool!! We anchored down and snorkled there and it was so awesome! We then went to Norman island to have lunch. Lunch was very yummy!!! Differant cheeses, crackers, lunch meats, french bread, coleslaw, smoked crab dip to die for, little cookies, fruit and all the drinks you want. It was all served on real plates and the presentation of lunch was great. They had little cards telling what everything was and just very nice!!!! We relaxed and swam then went to the The Indians for more snorkling. It was beautiful!!! The whole day was an amazing adventure!! Gary and Lauren did such a great job well worth the money!!! Take cash by the way to pay. I just can't say enough about our experience that day, it was truly a dream. Thanks so much Gary, Lauren and Gromit for a great memory and adventure!!!!

Visited March 2013
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great day sail!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I spent the day with Gary and Laurie yesterday, and had a great time. The catamaran first took us out to Sandy Spit, which is a picture perfect beach you could make a Corona commercial at (depending on who you ask, it was.) A nice reef runs right off the beach, good for snorkeling and drops to about 25 feet for diving. Next we sailed out to the Soggy Dollar on Jost, which could possibly still be the best beach bar on the planet. While anchored there, we were served a nice lunch of cold cuts, cold slow, a killer seafood dip, breads and cheeses. One had the option to either hit the beach the appropriate way (dive in and swim to shore, hence the name "Soggy Dollar Bar. They will hang and dry your cash for you,) or take the dingy to the beach. After a few hours there we headed back to Sopers Hole. I believe the entire trip lasted approx 7-8 hours. Soft drinks, beer, rum punch, snorkel gear and lunch are included in the price. Captain Gary has been in the BVIs for about 20 years and is very knowledgable. Laurie was also helping that day and is very nice, and kept my rum and cokes full. The boat itself is safe, great front deck to sun yourself in, as well as a shaded area on the rear, plus a deck below with a bathroom. I would recommend this to anyone, especially families. We will be back for sure.

1 Thank islandguy19
Savannah, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Perfect Day”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

On 4/10/13, went on my first day sail cruise to Yost Van Dyke with Captain Gary and Lauren on Karalu Catamaran Charters. It was the most amazing experience I've ever had. I'm in love with sailing now!! Lauren was so friendly and informative. I really enjoyed chatting with her! Captain Gary was so knowledgeable and provided a comfortable, relaxing sail. And I cannot go without mentioning his sweet dog Gromit. She is a true sailing dog....she even barked at powerboats as they went by:) If you are taking a trip to the beautiful BVI, you must plan a trip with these guys! I promise it will be the highlight of your week. Thanks Gary and Lauren for a gret day!