“Most Amazing Experience”

Dolphin Discovery Tortola
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Road Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Discovery invites you to live the dream of swimming with dolphins in the Caribbean paradise of Tortola. We offer a range of programs for all ages, a family-friendly adventure you will never forget.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a MUST do trip...Loved every minute of the time we spent with the trainers and the dolphins...Venus & Aeyla did the handshakes, kisses, dancing, footpush, belly rubs and you name it...they are awsome. Then we got to swim with the male dolphin Hipo and he was the sweetest thing ever...belly swims, water fights, jumping and splashing...we loved it all. Lunch was great and this is one trip we will never forget! Jamal and Myra were fantastic with the animals and talked about their life in the wild, their babies, and everything to do with dolphins. Pictures were great but a little pricey ... and the time spent with them (we were in low season and no cruise ships were in) was great...it seemed as if they let us stay in longer due to lower numbers of groups. Only 4 in our group and we loved every moment of the trip.

All reviews
"hippos"
in 22 reviews
"thomas"

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I visited this location twice, last year with friends, and this year with my family. Both times were wonderful! Words cannot express how awesome these dolphins are! They are so gentle and intelligent. We swam with "Hippo" both times, he really loves his trainer. The only thing I would change would be the size of the groups and the amount of time spent with the dolphins. Overall, it will be an experience we will never forget!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Maybe I'm being a little cynical but I wasn't very impressed with the dolphin discovery. My girlfriend and I visited on a cruise and participated in an excursion to this place. It was a little bit of an assembly line as far as I'm concerned. They hand everyone a life jacket, separate you into groups, take you to the dolphin habitat, and proceed to have you interact with the dolphins in various poses so that they can take pictures of you. After this 30 minute process is complete, they will attempt to sell you the pictures that they took. I realize that this is probably an expensive business with a lot of overhead but $30 for a single picture is extremely steep! Honestly, in my personal opinion, this is a really great experience for children 15 and under just bring plenty of money for the pictures. If you are looking to see some sort of wild dolphin experience then forget it. These dolphins are pets that are contained inside of a closed off area of the water. As a side note, there are multiple signs around the video area that talk about all of the trash in the ocean and pollution, etc. The facility should really practice what they preach and provide recycling or something.

4  Thank foodbeertravel
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Little outside from Road Town centre. Pretty clean looking place with nice views. Dolphins looked like they were enjoying themselves, so no "animal cruelty" here. Unfortunately we couldn't get to swim with them, because there bus full of people before us. Our driver said that their prices may vary, so maybe it's good to check reservation and prices first.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family went on this excursion and it was one I will always remember. Great for all ages. My kids are 3 and 6 and they did the experience along with their father and I did the swim. It was sooo much fun. We got a nice amount of time with the dolpins. The trainers are extremely nice and the photographer took great photos. The only thing I didn't like was that we couldn't take our own picture but once they explained that it would distract the dolphins I completely understood. I can not wait for my child to get a llittle older so that they too can enjoy the swim. I will absolutely be returning. They even gave us a nice lunch once we were all done with some really good ice tea. We did buy the pictures that were taken by the photographer. I will have wonderfull memories of this adventure forever.

Remeber you can not take your own pictures so bring a little chunk of cash so you can by the pictures. Depending on how many people are with you depends on the price difference. I had four so our package was $170.