“Great place”

Dolphin Discovery Tortola
Ranked #3 of 39 things to do in Road Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Discovery invites you to live the dream of swimming with dolphins in the Caribbean paradise of Tortola. We offer a range of programs for all ages, a family-friendly adventure you will never forget.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Little outside from Road Town centre. Pretty clean looking place with nice views. Dolphins looked like they were enjoying themselves, so no "animal cruelty" here. Unfortunately we couldn't get to swim with them, because there bus full of people before us. Our driver said that their prices may vary, so maybe it's good to check reservation and prices first.

All reviews
"pictures taken"
"time slot"
"these amazing creatures"

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family went on this excursion and it was one I will always remember. Great for all ages. My kids are 3 and 6 and they did the experience along with their father and I did the swim. It was sooo much fun. We got a nice amount of time with the dolpins. The trainers are extremely nice and the photographer took great photos. The only thing I didn't like was that we couldn't take our own picture but once they explained that it would distract the dolphins I completely understood. I can not wait for my child to get a llittle older so that they too can enjoy the swim. I will absolutely be returning. They even gave us a nice lunch once we were all done with some really good ice tea. We did buy the pictures that were taken by the photographer. I will have wonderfull memories of this adventure forever.

Remeber you can not take your own pictures so bring a little chunk of cash so you can by the pictures. Depending on how many people are with you depends on the price difference. I had four so our package was $170.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

They were great! We had 3 in our group that did the Royal Swim, we had plenty of time with two dolphins and learned so much and got to really interact and swim with the dolphins. We did the Foot Push, Kiss, Dorsa, Handshake plus more. It was a great experience and learned so much about the Dolphins (Hippo was 34 yrs old and then we had a little momma dolphin). Our guides were wonderful and they took like 200 pictures and we could buy the disk wih all the pictures. One of the ladies has swam with dolphins before but said this was by far one of the best excursions she has ever done. It was one of the top ones I have done and well worth paying the mony to do it.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

NOTE: From the US Virgin Island, you will need your passport.

I booked this tour while visiting St Thomas and staying the Sugar Bay resort. The tour cost me $129 per person, but free upgrade to the Royal.

We took the ferry to Tortola at 8am. When we got there, we were met by a driver who took us to the Dolphin swim area. The Drive was approximately 30mins along the coast.

My wife and I were there during off season I'm assume, May 2013, and there was only another couple there. So between the 4 of us, we were able to interact with approximately 6-7 dolphins and had a lot of interaction. We were able to get into the water multiple times and play with the dolphins.

Overall, it was a better experience than I had expected. It was money well spent. I do agree with the others that the picture package was pricey. My wife and I had 120 pictures total which were very good quality and good capture. So we paid the 120 for the CD and 2 large photos. Its once in a life time tour trip, so $120 isn't too much to ask for in my opinion.

Food is a bit pricey as well, but what do you expect.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Always check on-line at dolphin discovery.com for any "sale" going on.
If you arrive by ship it takes approx. 10 minutes to get to the site.
The dolphins look well cared for and ours was a rescue dolphin.
It is very well run and organized...you start off watching a short video and then on to your dolphin encounter.
Each group is fairly small but I would have preferred a smaller group so that you could spend more time with the dolphin. All in the group were given an opportunity to interact with the dolphin...short amount of time. A photographer was on hand to take a lot of photos. They have a "snack bar"... I had the quesadilla and tea...which was ready when we were done with the dolphin encounter.
All staff were very very nice and helpful!
The photo CD was a bit pricey...$30 for one photo or the entire CD for approx. $120.
I enjoyed the swim with the dolphin .... And was happy to see a well run facility.