“Bait & Switch?”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2012

The menu presented on January 31 in no way represented the description of the food on their web site. Perhaps it is appealing if you want everything covered with cream? We left without ordering which wasn't hard given the lack of service. One reviewed called the food imaginative. I'd call the reviewer imaginative.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

This is one of our favorite lunch stops on Tortola..though dinner on Fridays and Saturday is terrific too. The menu is inventive..from wraps to pizza to a delicious talapia to pastas and steaks. The staff is always friendly and Jenny the owner is a gem. Many locals frequent " The Boat House" which is a sign that its a great all around place. Jenny has even done some special Scottish nights and threatens to do a roast beef and Yorkshire pudding special..I say bring it on! If you are between West End and Road own heading east look for "The Boat House" on your right..you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed April 10, 2011

Located at the Manuel Reef Marina just before Sea Cow's Bay, the Boat House is tucked away on a second floor. I went with a large group so take lightly my service score of only 3. It took a bit to get food for a large group out together from a rather small kitchen. It didn't matter to me. The view was great and I was on island time. I had their mahi-mahi with mango chutney. Nicely plated and very tasty. Dessert was a simple chocolate cake, unfrosted but moist and satisfying. Friends ordered the strip steak with peppercorn sauce- grilled perfectly. All members of the parties seemed to enjoy their meals. If you order the apple strudel for dessert, plan to share, In reality it's a very large piece of apple pie. Also, be wary of ordering water. We go surprised by a cost $8.00 per pitcher. All in all, I would definitely go again.

1  Thank da91
Reviewed March 22, 2011

My wife, our four children (12 to 22) and I had a delightful dinner at the Boat House on the last night of our stay in the BVI's. It was a great meal, and great value, sitting at a wooden picnic table on the terrace of this restaurant. The owner (Jenny) was wonderful and her place is well run. Very tasty food! John (and Debbie, Monica, Sean, Alex and Grace)

1  Thank JohnCameronToronto
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I spent 11 days cruising around the BVI, and we tried a number of local restaurants--the Boat House at Sea Cow's Bay was, by far, the best. We ate there three times, and it was excellent every time. The food is fresh and carefully prepared. The atmosphere is quiet and scenic, overlooking a marina. I especially enjoyed the grilled tilapia with mango salsa, served with carrot rice, perfectly steamed veg, and a green salad garnished with grilled grape tomatoes. This was a lovely meal, but every thing I tried, from the pizza to crab-stuffed portobello, was beyond fabulous.

1  Thank happybunkygirl