“We Couldn't of Had a Better Day”
Review of Aristocat Charters

Aristocat Charters
Ranked #1 of 28 Tours in Road Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Aristocat Charters is listed on Trip Advisor as the # 1 day charter company in Tortola, why don't you come and find out why! The friendliest and best day sail trip in the BVI, offering a FULL DAY sail, 9:30am-5:00pm, (or arranged to match your cruise ship schedule) on 48ft sailing catamarans to beautiful Jost Van Dyke; Norman Island & The Indians; Salt, Cooper, and Peter Islands; The Baths, etc. to enjoy some of the best snorkeling the BVI has to offer. On all our day sails we make a MINIMUM of 3 stops at different locations to swim and snorkel on some great reefs, in the clearest water in the Caribbean. Help yourself to the open bar and enjoy the extensive buffet lunch, freshly prepared and served on board.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 10, 2013

First of all, I'm a sailing captain and to go to Tortola and book a sailing charter really wasn't high on my list. BUT my wife wanted to go snorkeling and decided to book a catamaran with a group of other people...

Wow! is all I can say. The operation was smooth, easy and way too much fun. The captain and crew of the 48 foot cat were professional and comfy at the same time. The vessel was clean, easy to get around and ship shape.

The people we we sailed with, there was 15 aboard blended into their spots and there was room for everyone with room to spare.

We were served lunch and rum punches aboard and it was a grand "Boat Buffet".

Our 5 hours turned into almost 6 because they let us swim for a while before we left Normans Island. It was all good.

The only problem I had is that I had to tip more than I usually do and I'm a good tipper. It was worth more than I can write about.

When you get down there, this is a "Not an option" if you want to enjoy a day on the water, snorkel and be taken care of by a very professional captain and crew.

So my best to the captain and crew of the Lion Heart. We will see you again and again.

caribbeansteve-11, Owner at Aristocat Charters, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

High praise indeed from a fellow charter captain. It is always nice to receive positive comments on the service that Aristocat Charters offers, but particularly gratifying when the review comes from someone else in the same business. If I ever make it to Florida, it will be my pleasure to join you for a day charter and sit back and enjoy, whist you do the work !!!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Daysail on Aristocrat. Had previously enjoyed the experience with my family. Repeating with friends/business colleagues.

Sailed from Sopers Hole; great trip under sail to Sandy spit thereafter Jost von Dyke and the Soggy Dollar bar.

An excellent day; great crew - Gilbo and Emily are friendly and welcoming and extremely helpful and informative.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our day on the water with the Aristocat and her crew was, without a doubt, definitely the highlight of our recent Caribbean cruise. The boat was skippered by Gilbo and Emily and their experience, gracious hospitality and friendly demeanor definitely helped to make the experience a memorable one.

We were on a somewhat limited schedule as our cruise ship docked at 8 AM and was departing at 3:30 PM so we had to make the best of our time. The Aristocat and crew picked us promptly at the tender dock at 9 AM and we headed out with 17 passengers. Captain Wooster likes to limit his trips to around 20 folks for a relaxed and uncrowded experience, exactly what I was looking for.

The first snorkel site was at "The Indians" close to Norman Island. What an incredible and amazing snorkeling experience! Aristocat provides you with the snorkel, mask and fins you'll need, plus flotation "noodles" and a sea kayak if you should so desire to use them. The gear was in relatively good condition. After we finished the first snorkel site we moved a bit closer to Norman Island and moored aways off from "The Caves" for the second snorkel. Not three minutes into it we spotted a 4 foot sea turtle swimming about 10 feet below us - wow! Amazing.

After the snorkel we returned to the Aristocat where Gilbo and Emily had their legendary buffet lunch and rum punch ready for us. Chicken dogs, bean salad, potato salad, fresh fruit, curried devil eggs, cold cuts, breads, cole slaw, etc. All freshly prepared aboard the boat while we snorkeled and built up our appetite. Of note, many charters or tours hold off on letting you drink alcoholic beverages until the tour is over and you're returning to the home site. Not so with Aristocat where you are treated like a responsible adult - beer, along with sodas and water, was available from the start and no one abused it.

We had hoped to hit a third snorkel site after lunch but due to our time constraint and a long lunch we had to return to Road Town in order to board our cruise ship. No matter, the day was incredible as it was. Everyone aboard agreed that the Aristocat charter had been an awesome and fun filled day and one of the best Caribbean excursions they had ever done. We will definitely do this again on our next visit.

What I liked best: the casual and very friendly atmosphere. Limited passenger capacity (tops out at twenty) to provide an uncrowded and relaxing atmosphere as an alternative to many other charters where they're packing in 40+ people on a loud party atmosphere boat. Great food and limitless cold beverages.

What I liked least: that we had to return for our 3:30 PM cruise ship departure.

Bring: cameras (underwater), sun block, sunglasses, hat and your sense of adventure and fun. Cash or check only. No credit/debit cards.

Note:
When we began planning our October 2013 visit to Tortola back in April of 2013, I knew that I wanted to do something incredibly fun on the water, preferably having to do with sailing and snorkeling and without a lot of people making noise. I began researching the options and Aristocats kept appearing as one of the best options. I contacted Captain Steve Wooster via email and told him that myself and two friends would be arriving in October and wanted to book. Steve informed me that we needed a minimum of ten to sail and suggested that I post an ad on CruiseCritic and on Facebook (cruise specific group) I did so and within one week we had the maximum twenty people. Several months later Steve offered up his second boat, The Lionheart, as we had received several more inquiries about sailing. Long story / short, I worked with Captain Wooster over the seven months prior to our cruise to arrange two groups of approximately 18 passengers, all from our Carnival Breeze ship. It was a real pleasure working with him on this.

3  Thank BernieInJax
caribbeansteve-11, Owner at Aristocat Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

I would like to thank all of our guests who take the time to make a posting on this site. Aristocat Charters is a small company, just two catamarans, and we do make the maximum effort to ensure that all our passengers have a great day on the water (and in it) and it is always very gratifying to know that our efforts are appreciated . The feedback that we receive, is very valuable to me to ensure that we maintain the high standards for which we have built our reputation as the No.1 day charter company in the area.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had the priviledge to book this charter with some friends last week. One of my friends had done some research and saw that this charter had some really good reviews. They were right. This was probably the highlight of our cruise. (We did not book any shore excursions from the Carnival website). The captain, Gilbo and his first mate, Emily couldn't not have been nicer. They are also a couple and look to be perfect for each other. The whole day was filled with the most beautiful waters and great snorkling.. The food that Emily provided was delicious. All that I spoke to onboard agreed that this was one of the best excursions that they have taken. Don't miss it.

1  Thank charliea501
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The crew were entertaining and very hospitable, the sailing was wonderful, and it came with lunch, all you could drink soda, beer, and rum punch(but of course water if you need a break from booze), and since we were the first sail at the end of the low season, it was only a 4 person outing and man, it was great.

You make 3 stops at beautiful snorkeling sites, and Jost Van Dyke is incredibly fun, head to the soggy dollar bar while you are there!

Payment is in cash only, and even though they provide a dry bag, you all have to share it, so please bring a waterproof bag for your phones and cameras if you want to take those to shore on jost van dyke or the spit for pictures!