“Josiah's Bay Inn”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Road Town
Josiah Bay Cottages
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This family-owned and operated inn is a little gem in paradise. If you are looking for a quiet, secluded place to stay on Tortola within walking distance of a picturesque beach, at a budget price, this is it. The reason to stay here is definitely the beach, which is long, wide, and only visited by a few people at a time. My room had a living/dining area, kitchen, bath and a bedroom with a huge king size bed. I did at times feel a little isolated, but the peace and quiet is what I was looking for. The Frett family, who owns the inn, makes you feel as if you are visiting family. When I arrived, they arranged to have one of their employees take me to the supermarket and then down to the beach. Since I was travelling alone with no car, this was so helpful. The beach is a 15 minute walk and it's a nice, peaceful, easy stroll that I enjoyed. There are two restaurants on the beach - one is owned by the Fretts - and the Tamarind Club restaurant is a 10 minute walk in the other direction and a nice place for a drink in the evening. The Fretts were working on the other three rooms and planning an expansion, so I think this little inn may become more lively, which will only enhance the experience. The location is off the beaten path, in fact I was serenaded by sheep, goats, and roosters in the distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank BiminiSusan
Reviewed December 8, 2005

Josiah's Bay Inn is the BEST KEPT SECRET on Tortola! Located on the northeast side of the island, Josiah's Bay Inn is snuggled in the luscious valley with an amazing view of the bay. The sunsets alone took our breath away. The lack of traffic, beautiful rooms, delicious breeze, and peaceful setting made it perfect vacation for us ... we needed the rest.

The proprietor also owns Naomi's Little Secret, the cutest little restaurant on Josiah's Bay, just a 10 minute walk. She will prepare anything your heart desires and the staff all make you feel at home ... you can even go in the kitchen and grab your own beers!! My wife lost 10 pounds in two weeks, just walking to/from the beach each day and dining on Naomi's 'Hearty & Healthy' menu. At $99 per night, it's cheaper (and easier) than a fat farm! :-)

The only draw back to Josiah's Bay Inn, no room service, however, each villa does contain a full kitchen. But when your staying in paradise, who cares!! We highly recommend Josiah's Bay Inn for those who want seclusion, peace, and paradise (without breaking the bank).

29  Thank ALadyWhoLikesToRead