See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 16, 2017

My wife and I have been to Elm's three times now, and they've never disappointed. Its just the kind of place we look for; simple but very clean rooms, a small kitchenette, a stunning beach a few steps away and very friendly people. The rooms are very simple, but they do keep them very clean. We've stayed in the two bedroom and a one bedroom and had a great time and similar experience in each. Elm's also has our favorite food on the beach. Be sure to check out Friday & Sunday BBQ (I recommend going for all three meats; fish, chicken and ribs) and the Roti (chicken, shrimp or lobster) is always great as well.

Room Tip: None are bad but its always nice to have a 2nd floor spot and get a great view of the beach and bay.
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NateandMandy2014
Reviewed May 26, 2016

A wonderful stay on the island because IT IS PARADISE, however, the E.B.S. room was nothing to rave about. As it is on the lesser expensive beachfront stays, I should not complain, so I will stop now. All we really did was sleep there, so it was all we needed. I would stay there again, but prefer a bit more luxury. That's just me.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms likely have an unobstructed view of the water. Our room had a couple of small kiosk-type structures in our line-of-sight.
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve O
Reviewed June 27, 2015 via mobile

It is a simple one bedroom apartment with one bathroom and kitchen. My sister slept on the futon/sofa. They had a/c. It was pretty clean. The staff were friendly and did a great job keeping the place clean. One day they actually washed our dirty dishes which we didn't expect. It is close to the beach, the Elm, and Tony's. There is a store down the beach. If you want a true relaxing vacation you do not need much more!

Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Andrea S
Reviewed June 9, 2015

We stayed in the Sugar Apple room (2nd floor), and it was clean, had an excellent air conditioner (!), and was just what we needed for our stay. I took a few photos of the room, as well as Cane Garden Bay, where Elm Beach Suites is located. The location was perfect because the water in the bay was calm and therefore good for swimming and water sports. There were restaurants and bars literally right next to each other. We took a tour around the island one day, and then went to Jost Van Dyke another day via a charter, but other than that, we hung around Cane Garden Bay, and enjoyed the laid-back ambiance.

Elm Beach Suites has a BBQ on Friday and Sunday, and we enjoyed that. We also ate at Myett's, and the lobster and cracked conch were OUTSTANDING! We had drinks at all the bars, and decided that Tony's 'painkiller' drink was the best! For local-type cuisine, the best was at Rhymer's and Paradise Club.

We will definitely return to Tortola in the future!

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Merclady
Reviewed January 1, 2015

The best thing about The Elms is the simplicity. The lodgings are basic and very clean. And just feet from the beach in Cane Garden Bay. The staff are wonderfully welcoming and helpful. The food at the restaurant is fresh and wonderful. This is not for,those who want shiny marble and uniformed staff, but for us it was simply perfect!

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled with friends