Moorings Mariner Inn Hotel
$180
$175
Fort Burt Hotel(Road Town)
$99
  • Pool
Sebastian's on the Beach(Road Town)(Great Value!)
$121
  • Beachfront
$245
$204
Travelocity
All reviewscharlies restaurantpool sidebareboat charterocean viewboatsyachtdockshipferryhurricane
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We read the reviews and knew this was not a luxury hotel but I cannot say anything positive about this overpriced place other than it is at the marina. We woke up in the night in a room that was flooding hot water which created a sauna effect and could not reach anyone in the hotel to move us until 7am the next morning.
Food was expensive and mediocre at best.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank raggirl
Reviewed August 19, 2010

This was a terrible life experience. I write for solo girl travel and am compiling a book for single women. I was told this was for COUPLES in an explanation as to why the chef? was screamin gat me , and slamming things on a counter of the boat kitchen. It was a terrible experience , and I shoul dhave gotten OFF the boat , the moment I met the crew. I was scared, could not sleep, and was around a crew member who physically blew up at me, and the level of professionalism was none. I was shocked. Worst trip Ive ever experienced. Will write a review , being honest, also I have a whole boat of other people, 5 to be exact who witnessed everything, and said Oh my Gina you must get your money back. get off the boat. But I kept being reassured this woman would be professional. And maybe had I not been alone?? this wouldnt have happened. Terrible. And on the last day , Martine, who I called never returned my call while this woman had her 2nd physical blow up. The captain decided to end the sail early because he could not promise his chef and wife would not go balistic again.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
8  Thank CaliforniaNewYork
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Just back from my first trip ever on a sailboat and loved it! Mooring's was a fabulous company to go with. We are actually planning our next trip with them to the Bahamas! Never was a hotel so appriciated till we came to our last day. Although the whole family had a great time ( husband, myself, 17yo, 15yo and 12yo) we missed beds, showers and space.
Moorings provides maps and travel books. Look into additional mooring sites as we met up with lots of people who moored at places we thought we couldn't go.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank dinaMidwife
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Hotel has made nice improvements since our last stay in 2005. I admired their big shower and flatscreen TV. If they don't give you two remotes at check-in (TV and AC), then be sure to ask for them. Staff was friendly and laid-back; maybe a little too laid back at times. Remembering this is a hotel on an island where shings happen, and it happens on island time. A prior review is spot-on on several points, and we were leaving the day of the main water main broke. I also agree Moorings is not all it use to be (fuel and generator problems with two boats in one week) and we will go back to Voyage in Soper's Hole. Stay at Moorings-Mariner Inn if you are renting from Moorings, because convenience cannot be beat. Otherwise, choose a hotel with more charm.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GottaRun
Reviewed July 13, 2010

like most others, we stayed here after sailing w/the moorings.
we checked in, no problem and though we thought the rooms were reasonably priced at $160, we soon changed our minds.
the a/c is high up on the wall and has no remote so you couldn't control the temperature. they're clearly trying to save money as it was a firm 25oC/80oF at all times.
our beds were european style w/two twin beds pushed together. though instead of pushing them together and using queen sized linens to keep them together, they were made up individually.
coffee makers are provided. too bad there's no plug accessible and makes them pointless.
no remote on the posh flat screen tv.
the water rarely worked. one shower my husband took just stopped 1/2 way through. i called, was told they have "low water pressure". there was literally NOTHING and my husband was covered in soap. 10minutes later it was back on. however, the morning we checked out, there was none and it never came on the 1.5 hr we were trying to get ready. when i called, they actually laughed at the desk and gave me no alternative. we had to buy jugs of water to bathe and brush our teeth.
for $160 a night, i'd expect to shower and control my room temperature.
if there are water issues, they should advise ahead of time and provide water jugs or an alternative- we had 24hrs worth of traveling after we checked out and so a shower prior was a must!
when we were in a local bar (pussers, highly recommend it), we were chatting w/a local who asked where we stayed. when we told him, he groaned and talked about how horrible they were.
only positive- some of the staff were really friendly
use the moorings to sail but stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple