“Perfect for sailors.....”

Moorings Mariner Inn Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Road Town
Reviewed February 12, 2006

The hotel is perfect for sailors who are staying for a pre-departure or a post-departure stay. The rooms were clean, the staff was kind and helpful. The pool was nice and quiet. I'd recommend having some snacks on hand and a few extra bottles of whatever you drink. Rum punch was $7.50/each, which can get expensive if you drink them like water. The bar food was great. We had dinner in the restaurant our 1st night there at dock. Although it was convenient, it was a buffet and pretty expensive.
Only a few issues such as no remote for our TV, but honestly I was able to survive for 8 days on a boat without a TV, so did it really matter?
Would I stay there again? We absolutely will whenever we are sailing. Would I go there for a lengthy stay, no. Happy Sailing!!!

• Stayed: February 2006
9  Thank em73
There are newer reviews for Moorings Mariner Inn Hotel

United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2006

We went sailing with the Moorings which was fantastic. Upon our return we spent two nights at the Mariner Inn Hotel which we found to be very relaxing.

The staff from the receptionist to the maids paid special attention to our us and strived to fill our every need. We did not have to leave the hotel for any night life because there was live entertainment each night and the BBQ was great.

I had the experience of using my labtop from under a coconut tree pool side free of cost. Great addition.

Keep up the good work guys

• Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed January 5, 2006

The Moorings is one of the most outstanding hotels I have ever been, and I have been to some awesome Hotels.

During our Island hoping, my boyfriend and i stayed there for a few days, we had a wonderful time. The place is beautiful and the rooms are comfortable and peaceful. The food is quite delightful and the staff are very easy o deal with. All in all we had a wonderful time and been back ever since.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Florida
Reviewed January 5, 2006

While on vacation in the USVI, i decided to do some of the BVI. On my way to Tortola i did not have a hotel in mind, but the couple whom i was sitting next to in the ferry recommened the Moorings-Mariner Inn, because they had stayed there in privious time. So i decided to take them up on that recommendation. It was suprisingly warm and inviting, unlike most hotels that I have stayed in. The staff was most gracious and helped me with my every request. They even went beyond the call of duty, when asked for assitance with my travel plans to the other BVI. They were able to help me out tremendously with recommendations of places to go, and things to see in the other BVI for the rest of my travel plans. Thank you for a great stay. I will see you next year.

• Stayed: December 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 5, 2006

I came for a bit of sailing, and got a great meal....I happenned to have missed my connection and so ended up delaying my vacation on the high seas, somewhat disappointed I happenned into the restaurant for Breakfast and was very pleasantly surprised....fluffy pancakes and a sumptuos omelet awaited me and some of the best peppermint tea one could wish for..it soothed my nerves and helped me to become enveloped in the breathtaking vistas of the peaks of Tortola and the Caribbean sea.....as the staff made every effort to accommodate my one day late start, I wandered through the boutiques and hung out in the small but very comfortable lobby area...finally..the real vacation got started and if u love sailing, these are some really great waters. My short stint at the Inn left me feeling like I had just been given an excellent introduction to my main course. A week later when I returned, I yearned for a warm bath, soft bed and somewhere cool to unwind...the room I received offerred all that. I ordered dinner and must admit that the Lobster Basket was indeed a treat...I had been concerned that at under $30 they would have scrimped on the lobster but I was pleasantly surprised, the Dinner portion was huge, I barely had space for the chocolate kahlua Mousse I ordered for Dessert... All in all, I got more than I bargained for...excellent food, cool comfortable accommodations, great service and value for money.

2  Thank Chelle30372
Florida
Reviewed January 5, 2006

I just love the Mariner Inn. It is absolutely fabulous. The service is exceptional, the food is the best. Will be back soon.

• Stayed: February 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 3, 2006

At $170/night, you might expect a clean room with a TV remote, well-maintained facilities, free phone calls and a nice restaurant. No way.
- cracked tiles, peeling paint, dust and dirt
- soap only in bathroom, no shampoo or other stuff
- king bed = 2 twins pushed together
- $1 for a local phone call
- local TV channels are not worth watching, even if you had the remote
- restaurant incredibly expensive, even by BVI standards, and food is crap
- dinner "salad buffet": $15 for 3-bean salad, canned fruit salad, plain lettuce leaves, tomatoes in Thousand Island dressing + bread + callaloo soup. No kidding. There was supposed to be a seafood salad, but the staff just said they didn't have it that night. Too bad.
- breakfast buffet: $14 for juice, milk, eggs, bacon, pancakes, French toast, etc. but food is pretty much tasteless and sits out for hours
- our room's balcony looked out on the bar/restaurant, so very noisy
- because of the concrete construction, kids running around get really noisy. Be prepared to speak up or remain sleepless.

In retrospect, even though the hotel is very convenient for sailors starting or ending cruises, we would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2005
#8 of 13 in Road Town
Long Bay Beach Club
Long Bay Beach Club
#7 of 25 in Tortola

Been to Moorings Mariner Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!