“You really have no choice!!!”

Moorings Mariner Inn Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Road Town
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Rooms are ok...and they know they are the only show in town for people heading out on boats. Went to the buffet (Friday night)..food is good...but NOT $35 per plate worth! AND they add on the gratuity and expect "front end" tip to be added on ...take a $10 taxi into town and get better food and experience the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 6, 2013

At the beginning of our 7 day charter we slept aboard our boat, but upon our return from the week of sailing it was wonderful to stay for a night at the Mariner Inn before our early flight out the next day. Our room was very comfortable, had a wonderful balcony and a great view of all the boats. The staff made it so easy to arrange for a cab ride to dinner at The Dove, as well as our cab ride to the airport early the next morning. This was our 2nd time staying at the Mariner Inn and I hope we're able to come back again! Sailing in the BVI is just paradise!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmyJ888
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I read a ton of Trip Adviser comments and wisely decided to book the renovated room for our family of 5. I hesitated having all of us in one room (no privacy), but the option for 3 teenage kids in one room was to have an unrenovated room. Based on the reviews, I booked the renovated room and was delighted. Big, clean, and modern. With a tropical storm coming in, we spent much time in the room and it was hard for the 5th person to view the TV, but we managed. Hotel staff was nice. The biggest trouble is that the restaurant was pretty overpriced and bad. I had read that in the reviews, but we were pretty trapped on site. We had long waits, inattentive service and overpriced food. If the food was delicious, the cost would not have bothered me. But the food just didn't satisfy. In the end, we ordered pizza from town and paid for a taxi to fetch it. A ridiculous way to get food, but even with the cost of the taxi, not cheap, the meal was more satisfying than eating at the hotel restaurant, Charlie's. We ate Ginny's, the hotel coffee shop and that was fine. We preferred to walk to the French Deli for sandwiches and yogurt. The funny thing is you can't special order your sandwich, you have to only choose one of the options they post. But despite this, we were very happy to eat there every day instead of the overpriced hotel food. We were at the hotel for a "learn to sail" program so we didn't venture out much, especially with the approaching storm and lack of vehicle. I stayed here in August of 2012, but just getting around to posting this.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel does not have anything special, rooms are confortable but not luxury. There is not staff working at nights, which makes it a little complicated if you have any needs. There is a restaurant with good food to have breakfast and lunch(Charly's Restaurant).

Room Tip: best is to ask for the newest rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank leonorachile
Reviewed September 20, 2013

After traveling on a Powered Catamaran for 6 days, this hotel was a nice finish to an awesome vacation. The hotel was clean, pool refreshing and the restaurant onsite had great food and you are right there at the marina. They offered free shuttle to the ferry but make sure that you go early to catch the ferry back over to St. Thomas.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rheagirl
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Going to Road Town for business is awful. There really aren't any hotels for business travellers so based on my co-workers suggestions, we stayed here.

I was skeptical when I saw the lobby but then got to my room and felt fine. The bed as comfortable. The bathroom was renovated. The wireless internet was ok - I couldn't get on my vpn but I was able to send and receive emails quickly. The view of the harbor did help out on the basics of the room.

Food was ok. Nice cafe on the property.

Given the options available, I will be staying here again if I have to come back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank imari96
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great room for staying before or after a sailing charter - Would and will stay again :) All the staff were very friendly rooms were better than expected and above average but can't complain about anything. I will be back on my next charter :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends