“Great price and location!”

Sebastian's on the Beach
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Road Town
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great price and location!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We were looking for a relatively inexpensive place to stay for a couple days prior to our charter boat departure. We chose one of the garden-view rooms - the accommodations were acceptable and met our needs. The room was across the street from their restaurant and beach... less than 1 minute walk to the water's edge. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beach was beautiful! Exactly what we were looking for!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
sebhotel, General Manager at Sebastian's on the Beach, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, I am very happy that Sebastian's was able to meet your requirements before starting your charter. I have in the past worked as a Yacht Captain/Chart Briefer for a couple of Charter Companies here in Tortola, I now that if I was a guest I would prefer spending one or two days before and after a charter on the beach sipping a cocktail! If you come again I would be very happy to sit down and tell you about some of the secluded bays and coves that are off the beaten path.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Our group of 6 assorted family and friends stayed at Sebastian's on the front and back end of a sailing vacation. We needed rooms that had two beds and they were happy to accommodate us. Unlike standard hotel rooms in the US many VI hotels have only one bed. The beach was lovely, and it was the perfect place to relax after a week on a boat. We stayed in the garden rooms and really appreciated the lush and beautiful landscaping. The rooms and the grounds were clean and well kept.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank happytrailsCleveland
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor, you mentioned that you were guests at Sebastian's before and after your charter vacation, I am also a charter captain and know first hand how much fun it can be. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we can serve you again.
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed at Sebastian's for two nights before moving into our House rental. We had booked 3 Beach Front Rooms and were happy that the rooms were ready when we got there and check-in was smooth! The rooms were nice, the beds were very comfortable and the rooms and grounds were very clean. I noticed that all 3 rooms were different, but each member or our group was happy with their room. With views like that, I don't know how you wouldn't be!! We didn't leave the area the entire time we were there. It was a great way to decompress. We ate breakfast and dinner there. Food was good. Our first dinner there we realized things got done on "Island Time" But again, with views like that, we were in no hurry! Our second night there we had great service and a blast with apps, pizza, and drinks at the bar and Roseanna..it was a great time! They have a small store with limited food, beer, wine and other items if needed. Snorkeling equipments was abailable to rent but we didn't see much in the area that made it worth the renting. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. And yes, we did made our way down to the Bomba Shack for a few drinks during the afternoon. (It was definitely interesting to see. ..)

Room Tip: Beach Front rooms are worth spending a little extra!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor, we work very hard to ensure our guests enjoy their vacation in Tortola, I have lived here for 25 years and Little Apple Bay is my favorite place. I am also pleased that you managed to experience Rosanna's special talents mixing her wonderful creations behind the bar. She was thrilled when I showed her your review. Thank You.
Discovery Bay, Calif.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Wow where do I start so many great things about this property. The Staff and Management treated us like Family,they also treated each other the same way.It was a breath of fresh air and thank you Christine for the hug before we left. The beach is the best I have ever been to and great swimming or just chilling. Stayed four days after an abandoned Boat trip.Sebastian's saved our vacation. The food was excellent Breakfast, Lunch,and Dinner, got up every day to see the Soup special and try the ribs they fall off the bone,oh and the salads and garlic bread.YUM! and it is right on the beach. The room was great and had a beautiful view a few steps to the beach. Giving Hawaii a run for their Money. We want to bring the whole family back. Happy in California.

Room Tip: the beach view is great
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank okfine_8
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in one of the garden rooms at Sebastian's for a week recently. It is a basic room but had got all you need. There is no television but didn't really miss it when surrounded by beautiful beaches and landscapes. The location by the beach is perfect and really enjoyed breakfast overlooking the clear blue seas.
The villa rooms are a lot nicer, but also a lot more expensive.
Some reviewers describe the staff as rude. Didn't experience this myself, although some of the staff didn't excel at being friendly either.
Nearby places to eat are good, especially enjoyed bananakeet up the hill along the northern coastline.
Considering the price, would stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Droesje
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed here for one night before a charter, in a tropical yard room. It was clean, the bed was huge, the towels plentiful, and the beach was right across the street. The beach is not long or wide, but the sand was soft and the wave action was minimal, so great for swimming. There is not a lot going on here, so I can't see a long stay unless you are using it as a base for excursions and have a car, but it was perfect for the night. Sebastian's has a nice restaurant as well, on the beach, although I didn't eat there. There is a nice local restaurant right down the street - Da Coal Pot - where I had a tasty roti with excellent service for dinner. All in all, good value for the money and a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Tropical yard rooms are not large but fine for one or two people for a night or two. The beachfront...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank BiminiSusan
New York
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Thirty three years ago my wife and I spent our honeymoon bare boating out of Tortola, but she wouldn't do the boat this time. We found Sebastian's on the Beach through the Internet and booked their holiday package plus a few nights more. We were also able to get our grown sons to get some time off from work and come with us. The last time in Tortola 33 years ago we flew on a puddle jumper from San Juan to Beef Island. This time because of our large surfboard bag we took the ferry from St. Thomas. BTW don't bother going to Red Hook go to Charlotte Amalie you'll waste less time in the van, and spend more time out in the sunshine. Get the Catamaran if your in a hurry.
Oh yeah Sebastian's: great location, surf break is very close although not that consistent but still fun. Rooms were clean well maintained, made up on our terms. Coffee on our lanai in the morning was usually fetched by me, which is what I'd rather do. The island woman who ran the morning dining room we affectionately named the Coffee Nazi. Chastised me every morning because I wanted to bring the pitcher to the room, but we both got over it. We ate a lot of meals there because of convenience, the plan, and it was pretty good. A lot of people must have thought the same thing because we often got crowded out if we didn't make the reservation early enough. After a while though it got kind of repetitious and although the type of fish changed the sauce remained the same. A quick walk down the road brings you to,Bomba's Shack the home of the full moon party. We didn't sample the tea, but the pain killer was the best in the BVI's. plus the late night burger with a fried egg and sides of rice and beans were also memorable.
I'll save the full review for Bomba's own. Although we've been around the Caribbean and Mexico, my wife said it was the most relaxing vacation she's ever been on. I would highly recommend it, I only hope the new owners keep the mellow relaxed atmosphere and homey comfortable accommodations.

Room Tip: Go for the garden rooms for privacy, cost and quiet. for the ocean for the view go upstairs. Quiete...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
#7 of 25 in Tortola
Gallows Point Resort
Gallows Point Resort
#2 of 5 in Cruz Bay

Been to Sebastian's on the Beach? Share your experiences!