Sebastian's on the Beach
$180
Fort Burt Hotel(Road Town)
$99
  • Pool
$245
$238
  • Pool
Sea View Hotel(Road Town)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbomba shackbeach frontbeachfront roomsugar millapple baywest endlong bayseaside villasfull moon partybeautiful beachjost van dykecoal potsurf breaktropical gardensecond floorprivate balconylaid back
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed here for one night before a charter, in a tropical yard room. It was clean, the bed was huge, the towels plentiful, and the beach was right across the street. The beach is not long or wide, but the sand was soft and the wave action was minimal, so great for swimming. There is not a lot going on here, so I can't see a long stay unless you are using it as a base for excursions and have a car, but it was perfect for the night. Sebastian's has a nice restaurant as well, on the beach, although I didn't eat there. There is a nice local restaurant right down the street - Da Coal Pot - where I had a tasty roti with excellent service for dinner. All in all, good value for the money and a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Tropical yard rooms are not large but fine for one or two people for a night or two. The beachfront rooms would be nice if you are staying longer.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank BiminiSusan
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Thirty three years ago my wife and I spent our honeymoon bare boating out of Tortola, but she wouldn't do the boat this time. We found Sebastian's on the Beach through the Internet and booked their holiday package plus a few nights more. We were also able to get our grown sons to get some time off from work and come with us. The last time in Tortola 33 years ago we flew on a puddle jumper from San Juan to Beef Island. This time because of our large surfboard bag we took the ferry from St. Thomas. BTW don't bother going to Red Hook go to Charlotte Amalie you'll waste less time in the van, and spend more time out in the sunshine. Get the Catamaran if your in a hurry.
Oh yeah Sebastian's: great location, surf break is very close although not that consistent but still fun. Rooms were clean well maintained, made up on our terms. Coffee on our lanai in the morning was usually fetched by me, which is what I'd rather do. The island woman who ran the morning dining room we affectionately named the Coffee Nazi. Chastised me every morning because I wanted to bring the pitcher to the room, but we both got over it. We ate a lot of meals there because of convenience, the plan, and it was pretty good. A lot of people must have thought the same thing because we often got crowded out if we didn't make the reservation early enough. After a while though it got kind of repetitious and although the type of fish changed the sauce remained the same. A quick walk down the road brings you to,Bomba's Shack the home of the full moon party. We didn't sample the tea, but the pain killer was the best in the BVI's. plus the late night burger with a fried egg and sides of rice and beans were also memorable.
I'll save the full review for Bomba's own. Although we've been around the Caribbean and Mexico, my wife said it was the most relaxing vacation she's ever been on. I would highly recommend it, I only hope the new owners keep the mellow relaxed atmosphere and homey comfortable accommodations.

Room Tip: Go for the garden rooms for privacy, cost and quiet. for the ocean for the view go upstairs. Quieter ocean rooms to the east, restaurant much noisier and late.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Surfprof
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This was a quaint small hotel with clean, spacious rooms. Our room was maybe 20 feet from the water. It was absolutely beautiful and a perfect lay over place before our 7 day sail. We enjoyed every minute here. Ate all our meals in a beautiful outdoor restaurant that gave us a sunset seat every night. The food was really, really good. The service great. The restaurant and bar were a bit pricey but "mon, you are on the island" I would go back, I would extend my stay and I would recommend this.

Room Tip: I love ocean front!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank LPoole2014
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed in the villas, about a 4 minute walk from the hotel. Room was very nice, small but private balcony, clean, plenty of space and everything worked, We used the hotel dining room for breakfast and dinner most nights, it was pretty good and the staff very friendly.

Room Tip: Waves Crash on the rocks at the base of the villas - very nice
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Doug238
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My group of 7 had reserved 2 rooms in the "standard" building. These rooms were extremely clean, and had plenty of room for us, even though we are all women who like to look our best! The hotel is small enough that we felt we had personal attention but not so much that staff felt noisy, or overbearing. The best staff are:Patricia, Danielle, & Rhonda. Every morning the grounds manager(cant recall his name) greeted each of us with a very friendly "good morning" and a smile as he diligently worked to sweep up sand and make the patio look beautifully cleaned. We only eat at the restaruant one night but it was very good, and we had no complaints. The location of this hotel is PERFECT! the beach beautiful, and swimmible, if the swell isn't in(it only lasts a couple of days if it is), ad close to Sopers Hole & WestEnd Ferry. Love this place Wanda & James, and hope to be back soon! Thank you for making our vacation so beautiful!

Room Tip: Obviously the beach front rooms have an even more perfect view of the crystal clear waters, and are bigger for only 2 people, but the "standard" rooms are just as nice, and very clean, adn were exactly waht we were looking for in our price range.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends