I stayed at Sebastian's on the Beach for one night. The hotel is at the far western end of Tortola and right on the north shore. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. This is a great place if you want some quiet time. The beach is maybe 40 feet wide at high tide and there is an elevated section behind the seawall that has some lounge chairs. Only a few deluxe rooms on the beach side have televisions with DVD players; mine was across the road and did not have a TV. They have a selection of maybe 200 DVDs for rental, but this only works if your room has a TV. You'll be able to reach cellular roaming service there, but no internet access. You are off the grid. The front desk clerk was polite and helpful.
If you are driving from EIS, it looks like Ridge Road is the shortest route, but only take this in daylight hours. The road has steep inclines, hairpin turns, and forks in the road where there are no markings as to which leg to take. The better route, longer by miles but quicker by drive time, is to take the route along the southern coast all the way west and then head north. The drive from Road Town is about 20 minutes on the southern route; from EIS it's maybe 35 minutes.
The restaurant's food is good with at least two daily specials. The restaurant patio overlooks the beach. I ordered a steak that was cooked as I requested; it came with a choice of rice or baked potato, but after I ordered the potato they advised that they had none (prepared?). They probably could have microwaved one in ten minutes, but that wasn't offered. I expected that for the price paid that a side salad would come with the meal, but that was not the case. The bar adjoins the restaurant and is pretty well stocked, although with a lot of local rums as you would expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Beachfront property affords a spectacular location right on the beach at little apple bay in the west end of Tortola. We have a selection of accommodation that can be configured to suit the needs of singles, couples and families. Our in-expensive tropical yard rooms have long been a favorite for visiting yacht charter guests, scuba divers and surfer's. While our Beachfront rooms and our Seaside Villas are preferred for longer term stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sebastian's on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebastian`s On The Beach Hotel Road Town
- Sebastians On The Beach Hotel
- Sebastian's On The Beach Tortola/Road Town