$180
$175
Fort Burt Hotel(Road Town)
$99
  • Pool
$265
$204
All reviewsbeach frontbeachfront roomsugar millapple baywest endlong bayseaside villasfull moon partybeautiful beachjost van dykecoal potsecond floorprivate balconygarden viewlaid backsmugglers covesound of the waves
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Although I live in Tortola my wife and I took one of our weekend jaunts to the beach, this time to Long Bay in the West End of Tortola. Passing by Sebastion's on the Beach Hotel earlier in the day, we decided to make arrangements for dinner that evening.

We were greeted by a huge smile from one of the hostesses who sat us down in a wonderful spot adjacent to the beach and in line for a beautiful sunset that was due to be with us within the following 30 minutes.

The food was exceptionally cooked and seasoned, I started with lightly fried calamari, my wife was with the soup of the day Lentil. We both enjoyed a devilishly delightful BBC (Baileys, banana & Coco Lopez), Johanna.s main course consisted of Fungi covered with shrimp in creole sauce and I enjoyed surf and turf (prime rib and lobster). Absolutely to die for, we spent the next hour following this gourmet experience sitting on two deck chairs watching the sky going darker and listening to the pounding waves of the Atlantic sea.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KenGui
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed in a double room on the beach side. This hotel is in a "locals" area - not a big resort with lots of tourists. But it was just what we needed on our last few days of vacation. So if you are looking for the big resort with amenities, this is not for you. The room was a good size, with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. There was a small store that carried beer, wine, rum (of course), soda, water, and just about anything you may need. The staff at this hotel were so friendly and helpful. Couldn't have asked for more. Small beach but very beautiful. I would definitely return if I am fortunate enough to go back to Tortola.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank kayaktexas
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Really enjoyed this place but beware of the local drivers. I was not expecting the mountains and the steep roads. The hotel is very nice; rooms are large; staff is friendly and helpful; we had everything we needed. The beach is not real big but it is absolutely beautiful. Some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank mzb37
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I hopped over to Sebastians for one night based on the recommendation of a staff member of the Marriott at St. Thomas. I made my reservation ahead of time which was a little different than most hotels. I had to fax information..not a big deal...just take note. We had an ocean front room which was nice and inexpensive. You could walk straight out to beach but you share a patio with your neighbor...again no biggie as we didn't spend much time in room. One thing it is important to not is that there is no ATM close by. We had originally planned on going to the Soggy Dollar Bar but didn't have cash on us. We had to take a taxi to Cane Bay to get money. Ended up hanging on the beach there and chilling out for the day. The full moon party is very fun! People of all different ages attend and it is quite the experience. You are a two minute walk to the Full Moon Party at the Bomba Shack which was perfect! The front desk woman was so helpful to us. This is definitely a cool little location to hop to for the full moon party.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Withloveparty
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Perfect location for exploring the West End and for surfing. Close to the ferry dock for island hopping. The rooms are somewhat older, but are clean and roomy. For the price, the rooms are great. The hotel offer free WiFi at the restaurant only, not in the rooms. The restaurant is a pricey and the quality is ok; I suggest another restaurant if possible. The view and beach area are amazing. Great view of Jost Van Dyke. We have stayed here 3 times and will go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family