See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 28, 2016 via mobile

Stayed over from Virgin Gorda for the night and it was my first since 2003 November and it looks no different.... The AC in the room was trying to work and should be replace or fix ASAP. I believe the cost is for the view as its beautiful from 508, besides that don't value the staying cost for a night at this stage of conditions, if you just wants place to put your bags and crash while in desperate needs I recommend it. The ladies at the front was amazing and very professional...

I saw on the local media that the BVI government was going to get more involved and invest more into the resort so I'll looking forward to revisit then.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2016

Sad to read the state of affairs at Prospect Reef. My 3 college age kids and myself went all inclusive in 2000. It was the most relaxing and memorable holiday we've ever had. The rooms were very basic and the resort needed a makeover even then, but everything else made up for the shortcomings of the outdated resort. At the Callaloo Restaurant and Scuttlebutt Bar overlooking the harbour had amazing food and included anything your wanted to eat or drink, lobster, filet mignon and top shelf drinks...no limit. Our week stay included 2 excursions in the 65ft catamaran and we went to Virgin Gorda for snorkeling and climbing rocks and Norman Island where we stopped off at Billy Bones. Although there was no beach on the premises, the Prospector, a glass bottom boat took you daily to Peter Island Beach for swimming, scuba lessons, kayaking and an amazing lunch on the sea, all included. We ventured on the island a bit, a night at the Bomba Shack and an evening spent in Road Town. The service and staff were amazing!!!

I'm hoping someone will restore this beautiful place so we can do a family reunion there in the future!

Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed February 29, 2016

Our rooms were adorable and patio doors open onto the view of the Caribbean sea. Hammocks hung in our trees ....the hot wind blew..it was out of a movie...I want to return but cannot find out how much the rooms are now...we went on a timeshare.

Room tip: chickens and cats run free!!!! We woke to the rooster call. sun and moon were both still out....
Date of stay: March 2015
2  Thank gabby66
Reviewed September 5, 2015

The room 1008 Was large. This property is in need of major renovations. Dirty, floors, outside seems that a storm came through, and they never did a clean up. Walking around the resort is large. The pool is great, large, and the local kids run and swim for training sessions with coaches in the evening. The front desk was nice but lacked Customer service skills. With training, clean up and lots of renovations, this could be a great hotel by Road Town. I have to take taxis to town. The restaurant they have adjacent to the Hotel is good with Caribbean food.

Room tip: 1008 was large. Right by the Water but no beach. Swim in the salt water pool just a few yards away.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Martha K
Reviewed August 6, 2015

This hotel is not at all what you would expect when booking your stay. Walking into the rooms on this property is like traveling back in time -- to 1970 to be exact! Seems like this property was built and forgotten. There have been absolutely no upgrades since the time it was built, which is sad because the property has potential. There is no doubt that it was "the place to stay" back in the day, but sadly now, the only thing that can be done to revive it would be to demolish it and start again.
All in all, my stay was quiet, the ocean view was nice and the residents (chickens) were friendly. While there, be sure to visit the swimming pool it is one of the best things this property has going for it.

Room tip: Ask for an oceanfront.
Date of stay: August 2015