“Friendly”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Road Town
Prospect Reef Resort
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Road Town
Reviewed August 29, 2004

Very helpful, pleasant staff. Rooms need some sprucing up. We got a room with no air conditioning; and because it was unusually hot, the staff relocated us to an air conditioned room. The first room was very basic and needed repairs. The second room was very nice. The hotel is close to town and the Dolphin Discovery program. Another time I think I would prefer to be on the beach but we had an excellent time.

7  Thank crapgroupe

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2004

We LOVED PROSPECT REEF RESORT! IT IS A ONE OF A KIND WONDERFUL PLACE, AND I COULD HAVE SPENT A LOT LONGER THERE.. WELL MAYBE THAT'S JUST ME.. BUT We brought our 9 month old child along and of course she can't stay outdoors all that much and has her own schedule, but if I could, I could spend a whole lot more time. Everyone was very nice, accomodating, friendly and I loved it. Would love to go back as soon as possible. Thanks!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed May 14, 2004

Thought it would be nice to visit Tortola for a day (we were staying in St John). Booked a room at Prospect Reef because the web site made it look pretty nice and the price was right. What a dump! I knew as soon as the taxi was pulling in that it was definitely not the place I saw advertised on the web or Expedia (which rated it 4 stars, what a joke). The room they gave us was run down. The bathroom had rust stains everywhere and there was water on the floor from a leak somewhere (read another of the reviews here it looks like we got their room too!). We walked around to see the rest of the "resort". It was all crappy. There was a really funny sign that said "Spa" and it was in front of this run down wooden shack. I wish I had taken a picture of that. Anyway, you get the point. Don't stay here. We just decided to check out right there and spend the night somewhere else. Why be miserable especially when you're in the virgin islands!

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 9, 2004

Stayed for a week that we purchased through Interval International as a getaway at an unbelieveable rate. I think there are more pros than cons to this property. The views were great. We could sit in the lounges our our patio and watch the moon rise over other islands and listen to the surf. I also liked the hammocks. The staff were prompt with check in/out and answered my questions nicely during the week. We rented a car from Dollar which is right there, there are 2 restaurants and you can walk into town for others. The chlorine pool was adequate and good for laps and the gym was very good for a small hotel. The downside would be that our room needed paint. Not that it was peeling but it you could tell it was old. Beds were ok but room could be fancier- bedskirts, better linens, new furniture. It was obvious the furniture was older. The chairs around the table were quite stained, but for the incredible deal that we got and the little time we spent in the room, it was not a major issue. I'd recommend this hotel if you are not looking for luxury, if its not your only vacation of the year or if you get a really good deal to stay there.

4  Thank Bugfast
San Juan,PR
Reviewed May 3, 2004

I spend 2 days and 1 night at the hotel. I had good and no so good times. I think Tortola is not for a long vacation, I can not imagine staying there for a whole week. Tortola is an expensive island, there was no nightlife near the hotel, the restaurants/pub (minutes from the hotel) where closed early at night (on a weekend) ,and do not think getting to the beach , there was rocks, rocks, rocks...But I can say I had a great view from my room (ocean view with a terrace), I had the best omelette in my life (at the hotel restaurant) and there was a place called The Pub (minutes walking from the hotel) with cold beers and great snacks.###

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lighthouse Point, FL
Reviewed April 22, 2004

I have owned an interval ownership at Prospect Reef since 1999. We look forward to our trips down there each year. We love the laidback feature of the property and have taken to renting a vehicle while we are there to cover the island. We have found some really nice out of the way places to have great lobster dinners and love to go to different beaches. Usually we sail for a week and follow up with a week at the resort. It was disappointing to us when the did away with the jacuzzi, we always enjoyed that. Even so, we love being able to sit on our porch and have dinner looking out at the water and swimming in the seapool. Food is very good. We love the lunches at Callaloo at the Beach on Peter Island. We plan to vacation here for many more years to come.

• Stayed: June 2004
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Myers FL
Reviewed April 18, 2004

I stay at Prospect Reef three or four times a year when I visit the BVI on business and I always enjoy my stays. The swimming pool has been completely renovated and the gym is small but very complete. The tennis courts are run down but as I am not a tennis player this means little to me. I enjoy being right on the Sir Francis Drake Channel and I also enjoy the expansive property in a place where most resorts are carved out of the side of a mountain. Caribbean ambiance is different than what I find in upscale US resorts but for me that is just part of the charm. I will take a hammock by the Drake any day.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#1 of 1 in Beef Island
Maria's by the Sea
Maria's by the Sea
#3 of 13 in Road Town

Been to Prospect Reef Resort? Share your experiences!