“Very good.”

Smith’s Ferry Services
Ranked #9 of 39 things to do in Road Town
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I rode Smith's Ferry from West End Tortola to Charlotte Amalie. I called earlier to see if they were running that day. I was given the departure time, and they were on schedule. They even stopped in Cruz Bay, St. John, for us to clear customs since Charlotte Amalie customs were all backed up. This saved us a lot of time.

1  Thank Diamiro

Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was fine getting to St. Thomas early (the Pump Room had cold drinks and good lunch). Don't get to the West End early (Tortola) - there is NO where to sit, get a drink, or get out of the sun except for one tiny church pew in a very loud office area with no air or breeze. Not good.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We accidentally got on the Smith Ferry because we didn't want to wait until 4pm for the next ferry. It's filthy. The seats are all torn up. It took us 2 1/2 hours to get from St. Thomas to Roadtown. We stopped at West End and just sat there for almost an hour. The boat is small so the seas were very rough. Our 2 little ones got sick. Go for the fast ferry that takes 45-60 minutes and goes directly to Roadtown.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I travel with Smiths only if i'm stuck and there is no other way they are that bad. They have boats scheduled that never turn up and I mean never so why have an 11.00am ferry from Virgin Gorda to Road Town if it never runs? The picture is misleading as thats a Speedys ferry and company that always turns up even if they run a little late.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Took our usual ferry ride to and from the BVI. Ferry could definitely use an upgrade. First time I've been there without being able to ride open air. Bummer.