“Disappointed - Vacation Without Diving”
Review of BVI Scuba Co

BVI Scuba Co
More attraction details
Owner description: BVI Scuba Co. is 'OPEN' at INNER HARBOUR MARINA in TORTOLA!!! Centrally located in the heart of Road Town between the Cruise Ship dock and Village Cay Marina. Renedezvouz 5 Star Valet Diving. Private Instruction. Eco Tours, private boat hire, water taxi, explore the islands in a day by boat, free maps, advice and friendly staff, dingy rental, sight seeing. Personal Service.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stopped in their dive shop at Long Bay and discussed diving opportunities with Rob. He told me he would definitely get me in on Tuesday or Wednesday because they were booked Monday with a private group. He told me he would leave a message at the front desk letting me know which day I would be going. I checked for messages for two days- none were left. I finally caught a young lady on Tuesday evening at the dive shop. She had my information readily available on the desk and didn't know why I was not contacted. She then informed me I could dive with them on Wednesday with a class working on their certification, but I would be on my own most of the time. No thanks! Calls to two other dive shops on my own yielded no other companies going out Wednesday. So had to go without diving. Not happy.

2  Thank goals1

Reviewed June 3, 2011

This is the same company as Jost Van Dyke Scuba Co operating under another name. This outfit is the worst scuba place I have ever experienced and I have hundreds of dives. Don't let them con you into prepaying. If you must, pay as you go or go with another outfit. They take your money and then never stick to a schedule and never inform you of schedule changes. They'll randomly schedule your dives without checking your availability and then charge you for not showing up for a dive trip you never knew about. The divemasters/instructors are inexperienced interns. These people are cons and will ruin an otherwise good vacation!

3  Thank islandjet
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Awesome snorkel trip off the cruise ship. Best in the Caribbean!

Reviewed February 8, 2010

Jan 7th 2010 arrived by Cruise ship in Road Town on Tortola BVI. We booked a privite boat for the five of us. Oswaldo our Captin and Dive Master, was all about safety and attention to making this a great dive. Not only did he find the two perfect sites for what we wanted to see (Painted Walls and Coral Gardens on the NE side of Peter Island), he also was able to find a dive that give two of our team a chance to go down slowly while they equalized their ears. This is a great dive with a 3D feel as the coral and rocks rise to the surface from a bed 40 - 50 ft below. Oswaldo showed us an ocean floor alive with jaw bone fish and continued to write on his slate the various marine life we saw.

Next year I plan to go to Van Dyke and see the home base for these guys .... they know how to do the simple stuff well ..like safety and listening. Colin D. Aldridge, the owner was easy to contact even during the Christmas period to walk me through what I wanted and setting up the privite boat for a small group of 5.

Do yourselves a favor and check out these guys as they really listen to what you need. and they deliver. First class all the way.