“Small Restaurant”

Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Road Town
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fusion Modern cuisine, craft cocktails, an impressive wine list and the best service around!
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Restaurants in Tortola don’t give you too many options. Our favorite restaurant “The Sugar Mill” was close; therefore we decided to have dinner at The Dove.

We were sited in the corner, next to the window in a very cozy environment, however, there was no air conditioning, no fresh air, nothing, just a melting place to be. There was a group of 4 that were sitting close by, and they requested to be moved. We did the same, since the main sitting has small A/C units, however, the area is quite noisy, and the traffic in the new area were we were moved was rather disturbing. Having waiters passing behind with food and drinks, plus the rest of customer passing behind it’s not my idea of a pleasant dinner environment. The music was nice.

The food: nice presentation. We requested Mussels as entry; the flavor was just OK, nothing to talk about a little too much lime to my like.
As a main entrée, the Fritter Steak: it arrive cold, and the mushrooms and potatoes hot (I couldn't figure out why) any way, I didn't like it, therefore, didn't eat.

The price on drinks: moderate.

Overall customers are young adults, not a place to take children (even though there were some in the main room). The service is expedite, not the regular “Island Style”. Good place to have drinks.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I've gone here a few times with my wife and the food has always been nothing short of superb. We don't drink, so I can't comment on the wines, but the restaurant was pretty noisy for two of the three times we've dined there. If it's at all possible, try to get one of the 3 tables in the "private" corner (i.e. the little nook that's on the side of the building nearest to main street), howeer, it's a crapshoot sometimes, cause I've tried to reserve it once and I was told they would try to hold it (didn't happen), however we got lucky the 2nd time. If a more quiet ambience is more important for the occasion, skip it but you'd miss out on some of the best food on the island.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

When it comes to ordering at The Dove, it's hard not to get the Dove Steak, but when I get the courage to venture out, I am never disappointed. The wine list is extensive, but helpful servers happily will guide you. We had a sampling of desserts since we were with a group of six, and they were decadent. I love the atmosphere here...it's so special and I cannot wait to go back next time I'm on Tortola. It is a "must-do" when visiting the BVI. Best meal you will have on island. Hands down.

1  Thank islandhoppingblog
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Went there on a Saturday night for a nice quite meal. They had a table of eight that was extremely loud and disturbing the whole restaurant. They did nothing to quite them down.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our best meal during our BVI trip by far. We stayed on Scrub Island and it was worth the effort to get to this side of Tortola for a great meal, with a great island environment. The wait staff was super knowledgeable about the wine list and created a flight of wines for us based on our food selections. Worth going back to. Just excellent service. If you need a break from the "meh" food at the resorts, this is the place!

2  Thank CapCityTravelers