“Our best honeymoon dinner!”
Review of Dove Restaurant

Dove Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Road Town
Cuisines: Fusion, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fusion Modern cuisine, craft cocktails, an impressive wine list and the best service around!
Clarkston, Michigan
“Our best honeymoon dinner!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I shared a 3 hour dinner at the Dove and Henry the server made sure we had the most romantic table, the best service, and the choice food. I have never had better soup or ratatouille in my life! My husband savored mussels with his meal and we were able to enjoy each other while the wait staff took care of us without invading our privacy. We will come back!

3 Thank kathy n

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best Restaurant on Tortola-maybe in BVI?”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had an incredible time at this spot! The restaurant is cozy-in a small house in Road Town. It was perfect for my husband and I to have a romantic dinner, it seemed like there were many cozy spots in the restaurant for couples. We had amazing service and some of the best food we had eaten in.....as long as we could remember. The homemade bread and dipping sauce was spectacular. We both got the Dove Steak which was recommended to us and it was unbelievable! Melt in your mouth delicious with tremendous flavors. Our meal total with appetizer came to roughly $100 total which was quite reasonable for Tortola. We were in the BVI for 11 days and agreed that this was our best/favorite meal of the trip!

4 Thank Sara2278
Tortola British Virgin Island
“The Place Where Food and Service Is THE BEST”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Living here on Tortola is amazing, but lack of fine dining restaurants that promises outstanding services and great food. However The Dove certainly does bring both to the table and I must say how great that is!

The service:

Service is amazing. The waiters and waitresses that work there pay extra attention to you and your party and makes you feel comfortable. Some fine dining restaurant would even let you pour your own bottle of wine or champagne however the staff here makes sure that they do that for you because that's what their suppose to do! My only problem is I drink to fast so sometimes I have to wait a bit for a refill which is totally fine because the ambiance makes up for that.

The Food:

First I must say I love their bread and dipping sauce that they give you which is complimentary like all other restaurants. They really go out of their way because their bread is not just some plain simple bread....they had spices and herbs and other wonderful things on to the bread that makes it seem so good and soft and the best thing I love about it is their sauce that they give you which is AMAZING!. Normally restaurants here on Tortola that I've been to just give you plain hard bread with butter but the Dove definitely takes it to another level which speaks for itself.

Then when you think the bread and sauce is a great start before appetizer here comes the amuse bouche. Now when they brought it to my table I was totally surprised! When our server explained what was in the amuse bouche I was surprised that there are so many ingredients in this small single bite-sized hors d'oeuvre, and I must say for the couple of times that I came here the amuse bouche never disappoints!

Appetizer is amazing I had the mussels and I cannot stop saying how much they give you for an appetizer, I was expecting like at the most 5 mussels but they probably give you maybe double or triple that amount just for Appetizer! But the mussels did not disappoint at all, it was very delicious.

For my main course I had the Salmon and it was just amazing, honestly I do not love fish that much when I go out to eat because they always make the fish dry which is what turns me off, but the Salmon was nice and moist and very tender and the bottom was nice and crisp which is the way I love to eat my fish.

For dessert I had the Brûlée and sugar cookie and honestly I love Brûlée but not sugar cookie because of how everyone makes it but their sugar cookie was on another level of tasty goodness.

Overall The Dove is someplace where I would come and not care about how much money I spend because it is definitely worth every single penny.

Scott and Paloma does such an amazing job, if they leave I'm sure The Dove will not be the same Dove.

Overall the disappointing this about this review is I wish I could have made this a 10 star review!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Beachgurl284
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nothing to look at, but tastes great”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ate at a half dozen restaurants in Tortola- this was the best meal, and the happiest and friendliest staff. There are a number of restaurants in Tortola where you will be charged about $100 for dinner for two- this is one of them. This food is worthy of the price. The ambience is nothing to speak of- a converted house off a side street in Road Town (park at the ferry terminal, then cross the street to the Gelati store- walk down the alley to the right as you face the store, then turn left at the street- entrance to Dove is there, set in a little). We actually ate in a cozy corner of what is now an enclosed converted porch area.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best in the Caribbean”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Eight of us spent seven days hopping from island to island and this was the best restaurant by far. The food was creative and well prepared. The service was attentive without being intrusive. This is a rare find in the Caribbean

1 Thank IluvSIC