“Cuan Law set the bar high!!”
Review of Cuan Law

Cuan Law
Ranked #7 of 28 Tours in Road Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We run lovely 6 night sailing trips within the stunning islands and cays of the British Virgin Islands. We have 10 guest cabins, all with private bathrooms and offer full board for up to 20 guests.
Reviewed April 24, 2018

I booked this trip with a friend at our local dive shop (shout out to Central Coast Dive Center). As this was my first live-aboard experience and really my first dive trip, I couldn’t have asked for more! The crew were just fantastic! A big thank you to Scott, Kellie (DUDE, THE FOOD!!!), Chris, Alayna, Simeon, Rèka and Ariel. They were welcoming, willing to teach us if we wanted to learn how things worked, helped me improve my dive skills and they were all really just a great hang!! I would highly recommend this trip, even if you don’t dive, because they have so many other activities available. I’m hoping to sail with them again in the future!

1  Thank wmeilicke
"great boat"
in 4 reviews
"dietary needs"

Reviewed April 24, 2018

This was a trip organized by our scuba club, and it was one to remember! This was valet diving, at it's best, with equipment being expertly handled by the professional staff. Food by Kellie, was better than most 5 Star or higher resorts, and catered to special requests (Vegetarian/Gluten Free). Cabins were comfortable and spotlessly clean. One minor disappointment, was the failure of the tour operator, to disclose the lack of masts/sails. These were damaged in last year's hurricanes, so was somewhat understandable, and did not detract, from our primary goal; i.e. diving & relaxation. Many divers chose not to do all dives, but relax and take in the beautiful BVI island vistas. crew were exceptionally friendly and efficient, and divemasters knowledgeable. My understanding is that, the masts/sails should be installed by August 2018. Highly recommended for divers, and sailors (after August refit).

2  Thank Mark S
Reviewed April 24, 2018

The food was great, the staff is awesome they serve you all the time and are very fun. To be able to scuba dive, Kayak, learn to use a Hobie Cat and many more activities all while cruising the waters of the BVI is tremendous. It was a very fun trip. Currently, the rigging for the sails is damaged during the hurricane so no sailing of the boat but that doesn't stop the fun. You can actually take a comfy pillow lounge pad and lay out on the top deck and also have a dance party up there with the wireless speakers they have. The night dives were the best I really loved those and I am not an avid night diver. We took walks on two islands and had a beach BBQ which was very fun as well. One thing to note...getting to your hotel from airport, getting from the boat to the port, to and from your to and from the beach BBQ all requires cash for the taxis so be sure to bring enough. I chose the Nanny Cay hotel to stay at and the taxi from airport is $36(I was traveling alone for that part of trip) which is standard cost just FYI However, the taxi service they use is terrific so let them set that up for you. Dougie is awesome. My luggage didn't arrive until later in the day and Dougie was in contact with me to make sure that my luggage arrived safe and sound to my hotel. I was so grateful for that. Thanks for a wonderful time!

1  Thank melwer
Reviewed April 23, 2018

Great boat, staff and Excellent food.
Looking forward to coming back.
All the staff and crew were very helpful and boat was easy to dive off of.

1  Thank harisman2018
See more reviews
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

I went as a single female diver on the Cuan Law Live-aboard in April and met a great group of divers from Canada.

The boat is very beautiful inside with a comfy salon and little bar area. The deck is very spacious for hanging out and diving. We also ate all our meals under the canopy on the deck, which was nice and breezy. The boat is super clean an tidy. There are 10 cabins, to accommodate 20 people. The rooms are cute, functional and have several port holes which open for ventilation. There is also AC, although not super cold, was good enough for me. There was plenty of storage space.

The crew is amazing, always there to accommodate your every request. Thank you to Simeon, Captain Scott, Chris, Ariel, Alayna, Reka and the best chef ever, Kelly. They were so friendly and helpful. Their team is extremely well organized. They really work their butts off to insure that you have the best trip possible!

Breakfast and lunch were served buffet style with the most amazing, fresh dishes with many choices. Kelly uses organic vegetables and herbs to prepare creative menus. You can tell she is very proud of her work and everything is spectacularly presented. Dinner is served, rather than buffet style. Three nights we had yummy fish dishes and homemade desserts, such as cheesecake and Key Lime pie. If you don’t like certain foods they will make you something special. The barbecue on the beach was also fantastic and included hamburgers, hotdogs, fresh fruit, corn on the cob, pasta salad and lots of cold beers. LOVED IT! Such hard work for the crew and Kelly!

The bar has a great selection of alcohol and the drinks are not only free but plentiful. The crew often with whips up special concoctions, such as “painkillers”.

The diving was nice, typical of the Caribbean. My favorite was the wreck of the Rhone. The crew handles all diving aspects in a very organized and safe manner. You either do a giant stride or in some cases, take the zodiacs. They always tried to get us to the absolute best dive sites, which included a number of wrecks. A special thanks goes Simeon, for being my “dive buddy” most of the time.

It was nice to have three excursions, one to the famous “Baths” on Virgin Gorda , a walk on Salt Cay, and a trip to Cooper island (I think).

Overall, this was a wonderful trip and I really appreciate the service from the team of the Cuan Law. Thank you very much for a memorable vacation!

1  Thank sls1124
Kim H, Manager at Cuan Law, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share you experience from last week. We really appreciate the kind and thoughtful comments. Hope to see you again before too long. :-)