“Great experience, would highly recommend!!!”

Sail Caribbean Divers
Ranked #3 of 25 Tours in Road Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sail Caribbean Divers is a PADI 5-Star Instructor Development Dive Resort and the premier diving and watersports center in the BVI. We have four full-service scuba centers, two on Tortola, and one each on Cooper Island and Norman Island. All provide convenient rendezvous diving, dive education, scuba equipment rentals, air fills and retail. Our exceptional staff can offer a full range of diving education from introductory to the highest professional level. Teaching is our passion. Sail Caribbean Divers delivers the most professional and personalized dive experience the BVI has to offer. Small group supervision underwater & qualified surface support on board during every dive make your experience pleasant and comfortable. Our fleet of 4 custom built Newton Dive Boats, maintained in showroom condition will enhance the quality of your dive experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Simpsonville, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great experience, would highly recommend!!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I are recently certified divers and were a little nervous since this was our true first dive after we got our certification back in July 2013. The captain and crew were outstanding! They talked with everyone that was going to dive to learn their experience levels and then paired us up with the dive masters. We dove the RMS Rhone and had a great experience, we also dove another site with them that same day. Thanks to the crew for making our vacation so special!

Visited September 2013

Teulada, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Days diving BVI with sail Caribbean Divers”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I'm an experienced diver of 400+ dives all over the world and wanted to try the waters in the Caribbean whilst on a cruise there. I booked a 2 tank dive with SCDivers and from the moment they met me at my cruise ship until the return there the whole experience was first-rate and just what one might expect it to be. Safety on the custom-built dive boat and in the water, was emphasised from first to last, the briefings were excellent as were the 2 dives - wreck of the Rhone and Markoe Point. The landscape and creatures were a little different to my normal diving (Mediterranean and Egypt) so that made the whole day very special. The team, headed by Dalé was fabulous, patient, good company, inspirational and so much more! The whole day was first-rate and good value for money. I would hope to return some day - Oh! and the cake was very welcome after the 2 dives, too! Thanks to all concerned! David S.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank David_ES_11
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Drove right past us after we had scheduled to dive with them”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

So disappointed by Sail Caribbean. It seems they were previously highly rated but perhaps are becoming too busy. Our captain arranged for 5 of us to dive-4 certified and 1 for their course. Our boat was positioned directly in front of their shop on Cooper Island. We were to do two dives-bow(#1) and stern(#2) of the Rhone. The first diver was to do the resort certification course. When he arrived for the course at the time specified (1:30), he saw that the boat for dive #1 was already leaving without the other 4 divers in our group. They had been told to come at 2:30. He mentioned this to them. Sail Caribbean said that their radio was broken and they didn't have any phone numbers to call (although we had given them one).

Dive BVI has met us many times at our boat or at least called to enable a meeting when they know we have scheduled to dive. Sail Caribbean could have done either instead of driving right past us.

Don't count on them to want your business at this point. Seems they have enough.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Marie S
SCDivers, Manager at Sail Caribbean Divers, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Marie-
It was with deep regret that I read your recent review of your experience with our company - especially as I had personally been the person to coordinate the dive time with your captain. I am heartily sorry for the apparent miscommunication/misunderstanding about the actual dive time. I am disappointed that the situation was not resolved to your satisfaction on the day itself.

I understand that due to your frustration & disappointment some of your group decided not to dive at all. However I do hope that those who did decide to go enjoyed themselves.

Rest assured it is certainly NOT the case that we do not care about your business. We do appreciate it and we need it. We also appreciate your feedback. Your post will serve as a permanent reminder to us that we must be ever vigilant and attentive to detail in all of our customer interactions.

Regards,
Melisande Rowe
North Myrtle Beach, SC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Extremely professional!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I finished my PADI certification with Sail Caribbean Divers just before chartering a sailboat in the islands in early June 2013. The instructor, Sarah, was fantastic, and the entire team was unbelievably professional. The boat handling by the crew was amazing to watch from everything from pulling alongside a sailboat charter to pick up a rendezvous dive to picking up moorings to docking at the end of the day. Sail Caribbean picked us up at the Moorings and dropped us back off with our rental equipment as well. Most importantly, the instructors made sure I was going to be safe. Sarah made me do the mask removal exercise again to be sure I had confidence to perform the task. I highly recommend them! Even though next year when we return we will be renting equipment again, we are going to go out on a few dives with Sail Caribbean because we also gained invaluable local knowledge from the crew we would not have known otherwise.

We saw many dive charter boats on our trip and none matched the professionalism and enthusiasm from what we could tell as we saw with Sail Caribbean!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank NMBBeachGirl
Garstang, United Kingdom
116 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 196 helpful votes
“Rhone experience”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We did two dives with Dive Caribbean from their base on Cooper Island. The dive boat was great and the rented BCD / regs in good condition. The guides were good and, in particular the Rhone was a fantastic dive that I'd like to repeat. On the second dive (at Cistern Point) the current was very strong, which was fine, except it would have been nice to have been pre warned!

Visited December 2012