“Rhone experience”

Sail Caribbean Divers
Ranked #3 of 25 Tours in Road Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sail Caribbean Divers is a PADI 5-Star Instructor Development Dive Resort and the premier diving and watersports center in the BVI. We have four full-service scuba centers, two on Tortola, and one each on Cooper Island and Norman Island. All provide convenient rendezvous diving, dive education, scuba equipment rentals, air fills and retail. Our exceptional staff can offer a full range of diving education from introductory to the highest professional level. Teaching is our passion. Sail Caribbean Divers delivers the most professional and personalized dive experience the BVI has to offer. Small group supervision underwater & qualified surface support on board during every dive make your experience pleasant and comfortable. Our fleet of 4 custom built Newton Dive Boats, maintained in showroom condition will enhance the quality of your dive experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Garstang, United Kingdom
116 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 196 helpful votes
“Rhone experience”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We did two dives with Dive Caribbean from their base on Cooper Island. The dive boat was great and the rented BCD / regs in good condition. The guides were good and, in particular the Rhone was a fantastic dive that I'd like to repeat. On the second dive (at Cistern Point) the current was very strong, which was fine, except it would have been nice to have been pre warned!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank DickBurton

London, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“So caring”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Second time I have dived with the team. They were so helpful all the time. The cake after diving was much appreciated. Really professional and safe dive out fit they do all the padi specialities
I concur with the other comments highly recommended

Visited July 2013
1 Thank NickBlaireLee
Woodland Park, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fabulous Experience”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My experience with Sail Caribbean Divers was so awesome I barely know where to begin. There are so many dive sites in the BVI you’ll feel like a kid in Magic Kingdom. All of them are fantastic. You just want to go again and again. But, the best dive sites in the world are just dives without a good dive center to show you around. From the moment you step onto one of their boats it hits you that they are the best dive operation in the B.V.I. The boats are spotless. Washed and prepped inside and out for the next day every single day. Nothing is overlooked. The crews are amazing as well. They are very professional and polite. Captain Steve and Dale (also instructors) are great and will show you an amazing time. They have briefed dives over and over again but it never gets old for them. You can hear the excitement in their voice every time. The entire crew is magnificent. They all take turns doing whatever it takes to provide the best dive experience and customer service possible. Instructors don’t just teach students like other dive shops. One day it’s driving the boat. The next day they may be driving and instructing. Everyone does every job and they do it quite well. You are guaranteed to have the best diving experience possible. Did I forget to mention they serve cake at the end of the dives? Yup. Cake.
I spent almost 2 months with them. Four weeks as a dive master intern. A couple of weeks for the PADI IDC. Then 2 days taking the instructors exam. If you want to be trained by the best this is the place to be. They are the “Harvard” of scuba. My special thanks goes out to everyone there for the experience of a lifetime. Mike and Melisande Rowe. They run the operations. Mike has a sense of humor that needs to be experienced to be appreciated. His wife “Melly” not surprisingly is always smiling and laughing. Two wonderful people.
I also want to thank everyone else for mentoring myself and everyone else in the program. Marcus and Aime Bird. Kit and Laura. Neil and Ria. And thank you again to Steve and Dale for their guidance.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank JoiseyJohn
Ottawa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Dive Company I've been with”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was so impressed with Sail Caribean Divers! I have done diving a couple times in both Bahamas and Belize as well as in Cuba and they have been the best I've experienced.

I was sailing in the British Virgin Islands for a week mid February and emailed several companies in the area with my itinerary and questions including asking from where and when they dove the Rhone and they got back to me with the most information and dates/times when my schedule between islands would match with where they were stationed and when they dove the Rhone.
1. Their equipment is good, little things like BCDs had hooks/snaps etc that made keeping my hoses/regulator attached and close to my body (I usually have to put my gauge through my velcro waist belt to hold it in)
2. Staff was professional, friendly, knowledgeable, liked the marble cake snack between dives, I'm always hungry after a dive.
3. Great value $110 for 2 tank dive ALL equipment included.
4. Clear instruction on dive route and procedures, showed us map of Rhone and where we'd go, went over getting in and out of boat, use of tag line, toilet procedures etc. (sounds like what everyone does, but unfortunately not everyone does or to the same degree)
5. Safety was top notch, they kept track of us leaving and getting back onto boat (not all places do this, and should), went over a variety of signals including ones for different fish/creatures we might see, checked in with each diver frequently to see if we were okay and what our PSI levels were, did proper safety stop with group and it was first boat I have been on that actually DID have a spare tank hanging at the 15ft depth in case needed.

I met them at the Cooper Island dock and dove the RMS Rhone near Salt Island which was a wonder to see and Cistern Rock (by Cooper Island). There were lots of fish at the Rhone and we swam through a short tunnel of the ship, very cool. The 18ft propeller of the boat was quite a sight to see. The dive at Cistern was neat with several sand grooves with nooks to explore and beautiful fields of coral and sea fans all around. Saw several eels there.

overall, fantastic experience, felt safe, had fun, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to a beginner or experienced diver.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank stretchottawa
glos
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good value 2 tank dive.”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

i had a very memorable days diving from Tortola, saw my first shark (nurse shark sleeping in cave) and the wreck (RMS Rhone) was very interesting. Salt island is wonderful.

Visited February 2013