“Joe & Nicole ROCK!!!!!”
Review of Patouche Charters

Patouche Charters
Ranked #7 of 64 Tours in Tortola
More attraction details
Owner description: The BEST DaySail provider in the BVI! Come as Guests, Leave as Friends is our motto and we know you will feel the same after a day at sea with our crew:)
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were staying on Peter's Island as part of a corporate retreat. A half dozen of us wanted to go snorkleing and sailing. The resort suggested Patouche Charters and we book them for a full day.

From the moment we stepped onboard, we we made to feel totally at home. It was like a day boating with close friends.

Joe & Nicole has tremendous local knowledge and are great hosts. Sailed for a few hours, anchored off at the Baths, swam in and then got a very detailed tour by Nicole..

Followed by rum punch and a great sail back to Peters Island.

If you're looking for a day sail or crewed charter, Patouche is the only option to consider.

1  Thank CaptainMHB
"rum punch"
in 22 reviews
"jost van dyke"
in 22 reviews
"look forward to coming back"
"personalized tour"
"devil's bay"
"snorkeling spot"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was on a honeymoon a few weeks ago and my wife and I decided to take a day trip to the Virgin Gorda baths on a snorkeling trip. Captain Joe was very friendly and helpful all day. He had extra sun screen in case anyone forgot theirs and kept reminding people during the course of the day to reapply to avoid sunburn.

He was very knowledgeable of all of the local islands and their history. It was interesting to hear his stories as we sailed. When snorkeling, he gave a lot of great advice on how to best enjoy it which was helpful for a first time snorkeler. All day he was refilling people's drinks and asking what he could do to make your time more enjoyable.

Overall, the trip was a great time and I would recommend it to everyone. Captain Joe really made the trip what is was. His insight on the area was very informative and he kept going out of his was to make sure everyone was enjoying themselves.

The snorkeling itself and the Baths were very interesting and a great way to spend a day in the BVI. Sailing from island to island was also a fun experience.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Just got back from trip to BVI which included a day trip with Patouche and Captain Joe. What an excellent time we had!! We were picked up at the Resort by Captain Joe and some wonderful friends helping him and set out for Cooper's Island and Virgin Gorda. Joe spent time pointing out the surrounding islands and giving us history of the area and interesting antidotes. He is really interested in making sure you have a great time. From Cooper Island to Virgin Gorda, it was remarkable to be in such a beautiful area with someone who knows and loves it like Joe. At Virgin Gorda, his hands-on approach to give us a personal tour, snorkeling, enjoy some snacks and libations and made sure it was about the quality of the experience. We enjoyed ourselves so much that though we usually just travel as a couple but want to bring back our kids for a chartered cruise. I can't say enough what an absolute great time we had - it was the icing on the cake of a great trip.

1  Thank ORWineLover
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Let me start by saying come as guest and leave as friends could not be more of a true statement! I am writing my second review for Patouche because this is my second time sailing on vacation with them. We came back in Dec. of 2011 and spent 4 days of our vacations with them. Since then with the help of social media via Facebook we have stayed in touch and decided we had to go back for some more fun in the BVIS, only this time we stayed all week on the boat day and night. I have been to many places that involve the ocean and snorkeling many times including everyone’s dream place Bora Bora Tahiti and personally the British Virgin Islands is the ONLY place I have visited 3 times and can not wait to go back already, as a matter of fact it is my short term goal to work less and get my own catamaran and spend as much time as possible there. So…….. details of the trip, first we started our day out of Tortola early that morning and sailed north with a stop at the Great Dog and as soon as my face hit the water I saw what was my one goal that trip and that was to see a shark. No worries though it was at least 30 feet below us and was only a nurse shark and was gone in an instant but it was amazing to see to say the least. I’m not going to even mention the countless fish and coral we saw because this would get way too long but I did see a lobster for the first time while snorkeling into the cave. I thought to myself what a great day and the trip had only just begun. We snorkeled until our limbs were tired and then finishe sailing to Prickly Pear Island were we played on the beach all alone and my daughter and I found endless amounts of conch shells. We then finished off the day at Leverits Bay where we enjoyed a great dinner and many yummy drinks while my daughter found a friend at the pool to exert any energy she had left. After watching the sun set on the beach it was time to dingy back to the boat and drift away with the ocean rocking me to sleep and wondering if it was possible for tomorrow to be any better then today was. I had no idea that in fact it would be! The next morning I sat at the front of the boat watching the sun rise as I drank my coffee ate some breakfast and set sail to Anagada while sipping on mimosas all the way there. After arriving at Anagada we dinged into the dock and a truck drove us to loblolly beach where we spent the day on this amazing white sand beach all alone. It was like our own private island. For lunch we had the most amazing grilled lobster that was so big it was falling off the plate. After a long day in the sun we spent the night on the boat with wine and a fantastic dinner! Thanks Mr. Cookie (that’s my daughters name for Joe the captain). The next morning we set sail to Soper’s Hole in Tortola to pick up a few items from the store and on the way I got to deep sea fish (something I have always wanted to do) and I caught a Mahi Mahi and a Tuna that had his back end almost missing hanging by a tread because a shark must of tried to steal him from me. I won the battle though (seriously you can not make the stuff up). Obviously dinner that night was grilled fish and sushi. When we come up to Tortola in Sopers hole we spot 3 dolphins a baby and two big ones that come and swam with the waves of the boat. Just for the record that never happens there. This was the highlight of my daughters’ day. I’m wondering at this point how am I ever going to top this vacation. After the quick pit stop we sail on to Jost Van Dyke and stop at the Soggy Dollar Bar where the sand is powder white and the water could not be bluer. My daughter spends the afternoon beating her dad at a game the locals play with of course a little help from the local pro. She put her daddy in his place that night. We then spent the night on the boat in Great harbor on Jost where we were the only boat to be found with a great sunset and dinner on board. The dinner I caught! What a great place to wake up to for a morning stroll on a white sand beach all to ourselves. After the morning walk it was off to Norman Island were we went for a three hour snorkel because there was at least 30 huge Tarpon tons of fish and right before we started to swim back to the boat we looked up and there was a spotted eagle ray bigger then myself cruising around and occasionally swimming to the bottom to feed and after about 15 min a smaller eagle ray came to join him. Clearly that keeps us in the water. We just followed them around and then they lead us right to a sting ray equally as big as them buried in the sand. I could have watched them all day but eventually you just can’t swim anymore. That night we spent on the boat at Peter Island and then the next day ventured on to Cooper Island for some great snorkeling and then on to the Baths and Devils Bay at Virgin Gorda. If you have not heard or seen this place words can not describe it. Do yourself a favor Google it and then go see it for yourself. I can not do this place justice by describing it. That night it was back to Cooper Island for some rest and relaxation. Before leaving the next morning is was searching the beach for shells where my daughter found some great shells to bring home with her. The last day was spent at Scrub Island which was a great last day for my daughter. The dock had a resort with a pool and a slide we spent all day at and luckily after half the day some kids showed up so my husband and I could take a break. Wish I had as much energy as she did. Dinner at the restaurant overlooking the ocean and a great night’s sleep on the boat. I was so sad to leave but so blessed to have the experience we had. It is a vacation I will never forget and one I will do over and over again. Thank you so much for an amazing trip and for your company Joe. You will always be a dear friend of mine and I will keep in touch until we see you again! Your new visor with Mr. Cookie will be there shortly. You helped make memories for my husband daughter and I that I’m sure we will never forget!