“Cane Garden Bay is a laid back paradise!”

Cane Garden Bay Villas
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tortola
Cane Garden Bay Villas
Ranked #16 of 18 Specialty Lodging in Tortola
Reviewed April 28, 2008

Where shall I begin about Cane Garden Bay? It's this small strip of beach loaded with food, fun, music, dogs and lots of people to meet! My husband and I stayed at Lighthouse Villas which are not on the beach but are wonderful! My husband finds a beach bar restaurant with WIFI so he can conduct "business" from there each day back to his office! This happened to be Rhymers and they were more than accommodating to let him spend alot of each day on his laptop. Of course we did alot of eating and drinking there to make up for it! I walked around the beach and found some empty chairs and asked someone if I could use one. The mans name was Joe and he was from the east coast and sooo nice! He comes for a couple months every year and knows everybody. The beach could be considered small by some - but to me it makes the whole thing more intimate! You can easily have conversations with people next to you - but don't get me wrong there is plenty of privacy to read a book or sleep too! When the cruise ships come in it does get crowded - but I am from michigan and the beaches are always crowded so it did not seem like it was overwelming at all. You have to go with the idea that the bar/restaurant owners are there to make money and need people to do that! Bananakeet has entertainment at night sometimes as does Myetts. My favorite breakfast spot was Bananakeet and my favorite dinner spot was Myetts. Lunch was ok at any place along the beach. The barbeque dinners at Elm Beach Suites was delicious and very reasonable! Quito's was a great place for dinner and his entertainment - either alone or with his band was awsome! I just felt like I was really experiencing the "island" feel - not really a tourist but part of the people who lived there. Everyone is so friendly and if you don't act like a tourist you won't get treated like one! And I have to mention Julian who ran the Baby Bull on the beach - chairs, and has a water taxi service. He was the gem of the island! He took us to Jost Van Dyke one day and Norman Island and Wille T's for another trip. He is not only a great boat handler but a wonderful guide! He stayed with us and joined right in all the fun. He knows everybody on every island and got us some perks along with it! He is available for any type of boat trip you might want. What a thrill for me to cruise over the ocean to Foxy's, One Love, and Ivan's and spend the day on the Wille T - and yes I did do the jumping thing!

I know that part of the success of this trip was all the people we met (Joe, Lou, Emily, Carol, Piper, Jackie and Abby to name a few) and hung out with every day, but if what you are looking for is the kind of place where you want to feel like you "belong" then this is for you. It's not for you if you want luxury or 5 star high rise hotels. No hotels here - just small quaint four, six maybe eight unit places. The roads out of CGB are crazy and steep and winding, so you either take taxis or if you are really brave you rent a car. We chose to take taxi's or go by water with Julian.

I have been looking for a place to come back to where everything stays the same and it is like a summer cottage. I think I found it here.

4  Thank sisjoan

Reviewed August 24, 2006

My husband and I along with 2 of our best friends went to the BVI in july for a week we stayed ay Cane Garden Bay Villas and it was great! The view was to die for. Debbie was very nice and helpful. Can not wait to go back. Our friends stayed down the road at Moongoose Apts. that was great too!
Bill and CIndy

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kobo
Reviewed November 7, 2005

We arrived on 10/8/05. The unit was supposed to have air conditioning, but there was not one in our unit and we were told they would replace the a/c by Monday, but they never did. We had to rely on ceiling fans but the power kept going out and it was very humid, so sleeping was very difficult. The toilet didn't flush all the way all the time, the shower stall doors were falling off the tracks but the unit was clean and spacious. The property only has 4 units, so it was very quiet (except for the frogs at night - and since we didn't have a/c, we had to sleep with the windows open) I suggest bringing bug spray - we were loaded with mosquito bites. This part of the island was not the best. We enjoyed driving to Long Bay Beach and spending the day there. The sand is very soft and the water very clear. Cane Garden Bay Villas have great potential if they keep up with the maintenence.

15  Thank AberdeenJan