“Liked it so much”
Review of Myett's Garden Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tortola
Myett's Garden Inn
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Tortola
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was such a great place I could of stayed here all week. We got here early and they let us check in 12:15. They upgraded our room and it was really nice. It was such a fun place to stay and in the middle of everything. I was a little afraid it might be to noisy but not at all. It was very clean and we slept really good. Do not pass this place up. We could of been happy staying here all week. We were just passing through on our way to Jost Van Dyke.

Room Tip: We had room 1 Dick's room. It was out front with a very nice balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Darwar
There are newer reviews for Myett's Garden Inn

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We moored in Cane Garden Bay and happened upon this place, stopped, had drinks and conch fritters while enjoying the beach. We liked it so much we decided to have dinner at the restaurant that evening. There were locals and tourist alike, a very friendly and helpful staff, live entertainment, an over all fun experience. The food was slow arriving from the kitchen but worth the wait, we had everything from lobster to ribs to pasta and wine...all good. I can not speak to the rooms as we did not stay there, this review only in regards to the restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mi-Dan20
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here from 4-8 November and returned the following week (after a short trip to Virgin Gorda) for another 4 days. We loved the vibe and like others, the folks who run this place, really made us feel welcome and were very helpful. A special shout-out to Kimmy, Cheryl and Val and our wonderful bartenders, Cora, Mary and Prince (yes, you will get to know them!).

Rooms were spacious and a/c worked well. Room 1, if you can get it, is the best on the property. This is definitely the best "bang for the buck" hotel, but don't expect 500 ct. sheets and down pillows or room service. This is a place right on the beach with great live entertainment and decent food at reasonable prices and oh, Monday night football in the outdoor bar. Kicked-back, low key, but you'll notice a difference on cruiseship days - when things get a bit busier.

If you stay here, I have some great tips:

1. Myett's has the best cheeseburger me and my 2 comprades have EVER had. I don't know what seasoning they use, but it's great. They also have a new chef who nailed everything we ordered to perfection.

2. The restaurant, Roads End Cafe, in back of Myett's, serves fabulous food - just ask for whatever Al is serving but don't pass up the macaroni pie (his version of baked macaroni & cheese), which is usually a staple on the menu.

3. The local boys like to hang out at Myett's, too. They are friendly and polite and a warm welcome each day goes a long way.

4. Midnight, the local cat at Myett's, loves coffee mate (you will have plenty to give her in the morning).

5. If you like more nightlife, walk up the beach to Quito's where entertainment starts/ends later.

6. The taxi drivers Kimmy recommended: Jason and his cousin, Lionel, were great. Ask for them. They are great drivers and great people.

In all, a most excellent time was had by all in my party (total of 3 folks).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank WendyinLB
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 10/19 - 10/29 and we couldn't have been happier with out choice! I did a lot of research and read lots of reviews on places to stay in Tortola and felt like I NAILED IT! The staff was so warm and friendly! We entered the office to check in and immediately fell in love with KIMMY who brought us to Room #1 which was we loved..yes we loved both the room and Kimmy! The room is a bit dated in terms of decor but CLEAN and VERY COMFORTABLE. I actually slept better in my bed at Myette's than I do at home! The A/C worked great, fridge had complimentary soda and water and did I mention complimentary bottle of Myette's Rum? That bottle came home with us and we plan to crack it open on our next anniversary while revisiting wonderful memories from our trip!

As soon as Kimmy gave us our key we couldn't wait to head down to the beach to see Cane Garden Bay and we were NOT dissappointed! First off, we absolutely loved the "feel" of the hotel. The atmosphere is very laid back, nothing fancy, no lobby...you feel as though you are in sort of a treehouse? Meaning your literally walking thorugh trees, plants etc to get to open air bar/restaurant. Again, there is nothing fancy here but THAT'S WHAT MAKES THIS PLACE SO SPECIAL! If you are going to Tortola for fancy food, fancy hotels and expensive shopping etc. GO SOMEPLACE ELSE! This hotel and island are for people who want to stay away from clothing, shoes, attitudes etc. All they have to offer here is relaxation, great drinks, great food and a gorgeous beach! That's IT! If your looking for more than this, go to Hawaii or somewhere I have no interest in going! LOL

Okay so the beach is STUNNING, calm and just BEAUTIFUL! There are little places lined up along the beach to grab lunch or a drink. We absolutely loved the food at Myette's but also thoroughly enjoyed the Sunday night's BBQ. I forget the name of the place, but they have the BBQ's on Sunday's and Friday's with Live Music, the ribs ROCK! Also, the Croissant's at Rhymer's are amazing too, little bacon egg and cheese? YUM!

As far as the bar goes, CORA was amazing, Prince was great too, but CORA takes the cake. She makes a mean pain killer and is ready with a drink for you before you even ask! Prince is a bit more on "island time" but we really hit it off with him by the end of the week! The bar has happy hour's each day too which was great!

I can't say enough about this hotel, I just really loved every aspect of it and it's little imperfections. I wouldn't have it any other way! I told my husband I wanted to feel like I was on an island in the middle of nowhwere, where I could be barefoot day and night and a tank w/ shorts if clothes were very needed. I didn't want to worry about how I looked or what was going on anywhere else in the world. I literally had no idea what was happening outside of my little Myette's bubble and I couldn't have been happier.

Lastly, I want to say thank you to Kimmy for all of her help during the week. She was such a great source of island info and spent endless amounts of time helping us figure out our intinerary for the week and setting us up with the best cabbies! We made trips out to Yost and Virgin Gorda, no words can explain either one of those places. If you visit Tortola, those trips are an absolute MUST PERIOD. Anyway, THANK YOU KIMMY and we can't wait to see you again! Hope life is treating you well and kiss Cora for me!

Can't forget also to give a shout out to Kareem, what a great host and even better man! We enjoyed our evening with you as well Kareem and best wishes to you and Val! Also, remember, if Kimmy messes up give me a call, I want her job!! LOL LOL!!!

Do make a visit to Myette's you won't regret it!!

Courtney and Mike Gray
Myette's #1 Fans!

So, once we checked into our room came home w

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Deetz1968
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here for a week in June. Kimmy and Cheryl were awesome -- totally friendly, helpful, and really invested in making sure we were having a great time. They helped us rent a boat & captain for two different days, and Sandman took great care to get us around the island safely. There's a grocery right across the street, too. Cane Garden Bay is a paradise with a beach. You could walk right down into the water from Myett's and snorkel and see amazing sea life. We also rented a stand-up paddleboard (SUP) and they were great help with that too. If I go back to Tortola, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Room Tip: The rooms above the bar are probably loud if there's music at night, but they looked the nicest.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Martin S
Reviewed August 15, 2013

It's hard to beat Myett's great food and view of Cane Garden Bay. We ate here a couple of times for lunch - best Roti I had the entire trip. Enjoyed the beach chairs for a brief siesta after lunch. Only disappointment was that they didn't have Key Lime Pie. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here with my husband for two nights for a quick get away! Every aspect of our trip was perfect! Outstanding beds, very clean rooms, the staff was wonderful. Very friendly and helpful. The food was outstanding and the prices were decent. We had a great time on the beach with the paddle boards. We had wifi access in the bar, movies to check out and have made new friends. . We willbe back! Perfect!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple