“Waiting”

Ranked #25 of 150 Restaurants in Tortola
Cuisines: Caribbean, Pizza, Healthy, Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the new Cruzins Bar and Grill. Under new management since Spring 2016, Owner Chefs Andre, the Grillmaster and Kiesha Donovan offer local fresh foods island style prepared and cooked for your delight. Our fish is selected fresh off the local fishing boats each day including Bull-Hind, much like trout, Yellowtail, much like snapper, Hard-nosed fish from the family of blue runner fish and of course lobster, fresh caught the day you enjoy it. Out fish dinners are grilled in foil with onions, garlic, peppers and butter and our own jerk seasoning. Try our BBQ Chicken and Ribs are in a league of their own. Finger licking good with savory meats that fall off the bones served with French Frys that never tasted so good. Cruzins Bar and Grill; local food never tasted so good.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We went to this place on a recommendation. The owner who sat us was pleasant and we had drinks rather quickly. That was the end of the speedy service. After we ordered it was almost an hour until we got any food. Some of us started to fall asleep. I felt really bad for my daughter because it was her birthday. The food was good and the pizza the best thing that we ordered. I would try it again but not stay that long for an average meal.

Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I honeymooned in Tortola and we went to Cruzin's twice. First time, I had grilled prawns and a green salad and he had a creole prawn dish. Both were very nice, although my husband only got about 4 prawns with a measly portion of rice. The second time, we got a take out pizza. It was possibly the worst pizza I've ever had. The base was obviously not made there, very poor cheese topping and they actually forgot to put the majority of our toppings on the pizza anyway so we were disappointed (we didn't realise these errors until we got home and being hungry meant we couldn't be bothered to go back to complain).
It wasn't cheap at $18 a pizza, for less than this you can get excellent pizza cooked in clay oven, all freshly prepared at the Watering Hole in Road Town. Coming from a family of Italians, I know good pizza. Cruzin's was awful, we would have been better off getting a frozen one from RiteWay! Needless to say, we didn't go back after this, which was unfortunate as the location is so pretty. I loved the fairy lights in the garden area. Really sweet place. The lady who runs it seems lovely. I just feel generallthis you're going to charge alot gor something, it should at least be good quality!!
Check it out for yourself though, we went in off season, perhaps they buck their ideas up more in the wintertime?

Reviewed May 20, 2012

If you want some good pizza while on Tortola this is your place. We had 8 people total. This place is a just a little small place but they were very accommodating in every way. The pizza was a thin crust with loads of toppings. We can't wait to go back. They also had other stuff on the menu which we may try next year! Price very reasonable.

1  Thank Kegtessoptheokoala
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We hit Cruzins on our way back from the beach. We ordered some appetizers and drinks. The food was great as well as the service. A very local vibe to the place which makes it even more fun located beach front. Give it a try.

1  Thank phxdoc
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Cruzins is a small, outdoor restaurant, footsteps from the ocean. It is a little out of the way, in terms of where I live on-island, but after my meal there recently, I'll have to start making more of an effort to visit.

We went on a Friday night with a group of 10 friends for a birthday, despite being one of the smaller restaurants on Tortola, they were unphased by our, slightly rowdy, bunch and were swift to serve us our drinks and appetizers - we ordered a big plate of BBQ chicken wings and some chicken skewers to share and they were very tasty.

Service from Tim and Jean was pretty fast, really friendly and smiley (not necessarily a given on Tortola) and it was a complete pleasure, they recommended dishes - the pizza is excellent (just ask for whatever you want on it and they will accommodate) and so was the shrimp alfredo and made us feel exceptionally welcome. Portions are large - half of my pizza came home with me - and both food and drink are really good value.

Cruzins is not a gourmet restaurant rivaling the Dove or The Sugar Mill, it's a bit more rustic and rougher around the edges, but I would definitely recommend a visit, it is good food and great fun!

2  Thank TheBarefootAngel