which makes this place special.
This is not a secret looking through the other comments and we can confirm.
Nice view to JVD and best sundowners are guaranteed.
The restaurant Bananakeet is ,as also mentioned already, really good and in relation to limited local alternatives anyhow a tipp.
We can recommend any meat dishes, conch soup etc. , everything topped by spices and garlic. mmmmhhhh.
Fish is standard (froozen) as there is no real fishing and all vegetables are obviously imported . We bought some carrots and apples in the supermarket and they had no taste and didn´t get old within 2 weeks. Not sure if this was natural food :-
.... but we can not fully share the enthusiasm as the the hotel and service is described.
It is more run as a self containing accomodation and the ladies are mostly only accessible and present during office hours. This is not really a disadvantage but the apartment
( called "Suite ") and as well the place does really require some more care, maintenance and even renovation.
and a word regarding room rates : at least for the high season rate this is not a bargain. Sorry to say so, but I think we should share our opinion. We are travelling a lot and maybe due to that, we miss the needed bit of excitement leaded by just the view.
But I agree with previous comments , that comparing on local level- so with other hotels on Tortola - the pricing is on the same higher level.
so in a nutshell:
Room with nice view, a kitchenette (some pots and plates) are included, as well a balcony with two chairs and a table.
All looks for maintenance and renovation.
Painting is not enough to justify such rates-
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Inn is just what you want if you are looking for the total getaway. The Inn is located on the hilltop of a sleepy village: Carrot Bay, on the north side of Tortola. These comfortable apartments offer probably the most breathtaking views on the island: "voted Best sunset view in the BVI!" 180 degrees east and west and overlooking Jost Van Dyke, Sandy & Green Cays and three Tortola bays. This locally owned inn is quaint and quiet. Each suite has a private view-facing balcony and is furnished with a fully equipped kitchen, living room and AC king-size bed in bedrooms. Three suites have two bedrooms for family or friendly vacationers. Six, clean and comfortable, one bedroom suites also offer enough space to just forget your cares and hang out for a week. The views are so beautiful that most guests just "gape" for the first few days. In the summer the sun sets directly over the water. It is so beautiful that the locals go up for sunset cocktails at the BananaKeet Cafe on the poolside veranda to watch the sun setting over the awesome horizon. It's no wonder the slogan reads... the Higher you Get... the Better the Views!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Heritage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Heritage Hotel Tortola
- Heritage Hotel Tortola
- The Heritage Inn Tortola, British Virgin Islands