Rhymers Beach Hotel
$180
$175
Fort Burt Hotel(Road Town)
$150
  • Pool
$245
$238
Travelocity
All reviewscane garden baybar next doorcouple of nightskitchenetteleona
A TripAdvisor Member
Gainesville, Fl
Reviewed May 18, 2006

The hotel has an unsurpassed location, directly on the beach and within a few minutes walk from several drinking and eating establishments. The hotel is located adjacent to several boat rentals and snorkeling vendors. The rooms could use work, but probably aren't going to get it. I have stayed there numerous times over the past eight years, but my wife and I are adventursome and spend little time in the room. If you are looking for a wonderful beachfront location this is it, however, if your room is important to you, this is probably not your cup of tea. But about tea, let me tell you about the full moon party at Bomba's Beach shack and his mushroom tea. See ya'll in the islands.

Stayed: May 2004
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 2, 2006

We just arrived home to NC after ten days in Cane Garden Bay. It was a great trip with lots of things to do. We stayed at Rhymers even after reading the reviews here and on some other sites, well the reviews are accurate.

The room was in need of some attention to say the least. The bed was so hard I checked to see if maybe the box spring was top (really) the sheets were clean and the room was serviced daily with fresh sandpapper towles and a squirt of a frebeeze like product. The bathroom was small but functional the sink on a 30 degree tilt and only a trickle from the shower, I found that if you remove the shower head there is enough water to rinse shampoo from your hair. look out for that hole in the bathroom door.
If you are a light sleeper this may not be the place for you as the hall way noise can be loud in the morning.
We found the kitchenette to be a waiste of space, the small fridge was ice cold and clean but the rest we left unused.
One of the best things about Rhymers is the location on the beach. The resturant downstairs was good the service is very friendly and after a few days of seeing us every morning for Bushwackers and breakfast we were on a first name basis, the food is good and the kitchen not to scary.
We met a guy named Larry he's the man too see for boat trips or a day of fishing, just ask for him everybody knows him or you can see his brother at the boat rental dock just down the beach.

We will stay at Rhymers again but this time we wont be surprised and I bet they remember our names!

Rhymers was overall tollerable not fancy but clean, a little on the roughing it side of things but the location is unbeatable. Oh and free beach chairs and umbrellas instead of having to rent one everyday

• Stayed: February 2006
10  Thank Shelly S
Reviewed February 20, 2006

My girlfriend and I stayed at Rhymers TWICE. We had booked a sailboat charter, but our first and last nights on Tortola were spent at the hotel.
The first night, I found the accommodations appalling, but decided to laugh it off. The shower had holes in the wall that water ran into, and I could look through the electric outlet to the outside. When it rained, I was afraid to touch anything electrical! After 10 plus hours in planes and airports, we looked forward to a nice shower. The water in the bathroom was a lukewarm trickle. About all it had going for it was location (right on a beautiful beach) and clean sheets. How they got the sheets right when everything else was so wrong, I'll never know.
Seven days later we returned after the charter ended. Three other friends had booked two rooms. There was a burst pipe and only one room was available. There were no other rooms in the other hotels, so we ended up in a room with a wet carpet. That in itself wouldn't have been too bad were it not for the smell of filthy wet carpet mixed with about a pound of "carpet fresh" which formed a paste on the floor. We took the room since it seemed like the only other option was sleeping on the beach. On hindsight, the beach would have been preferable.
The kitchenettes were repulsive. On our second stay there was expired yogurt from a previous tenant in the mini-fridge and roaches on the wall. Yum.
Oh yes...my girlfriend forgot a pair of shoes in the room on the first visit which were not turned in to lost and found. Some happy islander is no doubt shuffling along in a pair of black loafers even as we speak.

• Stayed: February 2006
9  Thank Evilbird
Reviewed January 16, 2006

Rhymer's was what I expected as far as the cracks in the walls, the tiles etc....but, the room was absolutly spotless (and cleaned every day) and the air-conditioning was ICE cold. The best part was being able to run up to the room when one of us forgot something and not going a few blocks up. We didn't spend a whole lot of time in our room with all the beauty of CGB right outside. I would definitly stay here again....it's the cheapest place on the beach and the air works and so the did the cable =)

• Stayed: August 2005
8  Thank aerbare
Reviewed November 22, 2005

We island hopped in November, 2005 and stayed at several locations. Rhymers has a great location, staff is friendly and laidback, but the accomodations are very outdated and need substantial renovation. We knew we weren't getting the Taj Mahal for our one night stopover because of the low rate, but when my wife said she would rather sleep outside than in the room, I understood.

• Stayed: November 2005