“Great location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tortola
Rhymers Beach Hotel
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Tortola
Hughson
“Great location”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Based on the reviews I have seen here I did not have high expectations for the hotel but for the location. Yes, this location is exactly as stated. A beautiful beach with the friendliest and most gracious staff imaginable. Centrally located with easy access to at least a dozen beach bars, all good and reasonably priced. While this all sounds great, I must say that we were a little stunned by the condition of the rooms here. We requested a different room the next day because the room had a sickening odor that we could not identify, and they moved us closer to the front, which was slightly better. Like I said, we didn't expect much, but a working toilet and some paint would go a long way here. We loved CGB AND IF WE EVER GO BACK WE COULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN, EVEN IF IT WAS FREE.

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank 14Daroad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
United States
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Another great visit to Cane Garden Bay and Rhymer's Beach Hotel. The hotel is bare bones , but it is clean and the staff , especially Lynette and Lenora are very friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cypress, Texas, United States
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Spent four nights at Rhymer's in early November. It was my second stay so I knew what to expect. Large clean room with great A/C. TV had Miami Stations. Kitchenette was handy although I ate my meals out. Restaurant breakfasts were a good value. Beer was always cold. THe sunsets from the balcony were delightful. It is not the Ritz or even the Holiday Inn but it is on a beautiful beach and it isn't $300 a night. Stanley's is next door and Myett's is a 2 minute walk down the beach. I loved watching the Cruise people.
I will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
United States
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We have stayed at Rhyme's three different times , with a 4th coming up in March 2013. We have been very pleased with the hotel , nothing fancy , but the staff is friendly and helpful. The location is terrific , step right onto the beach .Great bars and restaurants in Cane Garden Bay

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Phil C
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was a great hotel. I stayed here a while ago on a school trip, the location is amazing (right on the beach, steps from the water!) and the views are great. The rooms are a little dingy but that is the experience. One very nice thing is the kitchenette, working fridge and stove, but DO NOT drink the water. It isn't harmful but tastes AWFUL. A little ways down the road is a small grocery store, you can buy bottled water there for relatively cheap prices (be wary of milk products, they do not last long.) Also down the road is a bakery that is very good, and the beach is lined with amazing restaurants. All in all it was a great trip and I would recommend it to anyone visiting.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the deck are the best.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Adrian B
miami, Fl
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have stayed in Rhymers over the years and I love it. This is not a fancy place but the employees are very warm and make it the best experience. The hotel is located in the center of Cane Garden. This hotel is not classy but it's worth experiencing. I just stayed for 9-days and didn't want to leave. Our room had a small kitchen which was great for quick lunches or breakfast during the week and refreshments.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lourdes H
Fulton, Maryland, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Rhymers. We had a second floor room near the balcony. Although this would not be considered a luxury hotel by any stretch of the imagination, it was clean, and the staff were friendly. We didn't run into any problems with ants, roaches, or noisy chickens that some of the other reviewers mentioned. Yes, there are chickens roaming around, but that is the Tortola. We stayed at Rhymers a few nights, and then moved over th Myatt's a few doors down. In my opinion, the quality of Myatts compared to that of Rhymers did not justify the difference in price, and I regretted not staying at Rhymers the whole time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family