“Neat Place!”

and up
Half-Day Tortola Rum Tasting and Snorkel Tour
Ranked #16 of 66 things to do in Tortola
More attraction details
Owner description: This historic rum distillery is one of the last of its kind in the British Virgin Islands.
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was on an island tour that I picked up off the cruise ship, and our driver brought us to Callwood Distellery. The outside is something you need pictures of, as well as inside. For $1, you get 4 shots....the clear taste like lighter fluid, but the others are terrific. I bought the panty remover rum, which was very smooth. I only purchased a pint and wished I had bought more. It was a fun experience with the crew we had on our bus. Don;t pass this up if you are in the area, and don;t let the primitive building scare you away. I will ask my friends who go there to bring me back more of this rum!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was a lot of fun. $1 will get you 4 shots, 1 of each kind of rum. Just ask for a tour and it is $2 per person. I recommend The Ladies Rum very sweet and easy to drink. If you are in the Cane Garden Bay area this is a must see.

1  Thank sarah c
Reviewed July 10, 2012

About a 10 minute walk from the town area lies this dilapidated rum shack. Very small and no real way to see it except from outside. A kid walked by us and asked if we wanted rum but offered no tour or anything else. This could be a great place to tour and taste but there does not appear to be any interest in making this friendly for visitors.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Callwood Distillery is life in the islands as it was in the early 19th century. The rum is superb except if you are used to homogenized commercial Bacardi stuff. They sell delectable Cuban cigars as well. Do not listen to the haters. This place is the real thing.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

It was neat but would have been even better if you didn't have to pay someone to talk to you.