See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I was so grateful to the management and staff of Treasure Isle for hosting my family and I during and after Hurricane Irma.
Of course everywhere on the island was damaged, and the hotel did suffer damages also. However, we were safe and there was fresh food and drinking water throughout my entire two months stay at the hotel. I felt safe, and had a place of REFUGE,
Hats off to the management and staff for effectively keeping the place sanitary, clean and satisfactory during what could have perhaps be dubbed as the lowest moment in the BVI.

Throughout the worst time I had ever experienced as an expat on island.

Room Tip: executive rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Chantelle M
Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 30 days with work to assist with the hurricane recovery.
It was seriously damaged due to the hurricane so my review will be balanced.

Pros:
Friendly Kitchen Staff
Really helpful cleaning staff
Beautiful Scenery

Cons:
Resturant constantly damp due to leaking roof so full on fleas and mosquitos
Swimming Pool just about safe (apparently)
Repetitive food which was mainly boney and always consisted of rice!
Maintenance / security man was rude.
Air-Con not available in every room
Intermittent hot water.
Room Security - well lack of it as the doors don't lock!!

Taking this all on board, hopefully will be fully repaired before fully reopened but I wouldn't hold my breath!!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

Like many other of the poor reviews I visited on business post the hurricane. Whilst the hotel had large sections of the roof missing and damaged pipes meaning raw sewage ran down the path way I assume (hope) these will be rectified in time. The restaurant staff are very polite and chef does a good job, but it’s basic and very expensive. An evening meal of rice, steamed veg and mutton (bone!) was $35. A complete rip off. In my opinion the owner is profiteering from the disaster but overcharging. It’s a captive market.. my problems are with the stuff that went missing. We were gifted 2 x mobile air con units. The hotel claimed they were there’s.. not the case. The next day they were gone! Coincidence?? We also caught the ‘handyman’ helping himself to our drinks! Then there is the pool. It had refilled-with rain water and the owner told us it was safe. We checked it, NO CHEMICALS and the pumps were not working. Eventually someone was called. This would of been a real health hazard. It’s a good location but the road is dangerous, we had a fatal collision outside one evening. Some of my colleagues stayed in Maria by the sea.. how I wish I had! I’d never stay there again.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2017

This hotel has obviously been hit by Irma, however the owner has had ample opportunity to make changes since but has chosen to use the extremely sad circumstances to her own advantage. Owner ignorant and rude. Receptionists ...what receptionists ? If they are present they basically ignore you and are unhelpful anyway. The waitresses and cleaners are plaeasant do their best. This hotel basically has the best location in the town overlooking the harbour and I suggest only gets bookings because of this, or at the moment as it seems to be the only functioning hotel of its kind, but there isn't any effort from the owners to provide any kind of service or invest in their rooms. If I ever choose to come back to Road Town I would sleep in a skip before I stayed here.

John, Liverpool

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank jmeds1
Reviewed October 30, 2017

I stayed in this hotel shortly after Hurricane Irma devastated the BVI. The roof of one of the main accommodation blocks was completely torn off and the rooms on the upper floors completely destroyed by the weather. I stayed in a room two floors below, but that too continually flooded whenever it rained - the whole building was obviously totally waterlogged and damp. The aircon was totally destroyed and the room felt constantly damp.
As other reviewers have said, the main accommodation blocks are set up on the hillside and reached by climbing several steps, which is not easy with luggage and would be impossible for the disabled.
The hotel is sparse and apart from bedrooms the only other room is the dinning room. Again, this also suffered in the hurricane and the metal roof panels were torn off, leaving a large hole. Every time it rained the water came rushing through and flooded the carpet. Nothing was done by the hotel owner to stop the water and over the time I was there more and more water got into the roof and all around the room you could see the plaster sagging under the pressure, as well as mold growing. The constantly damp carpet was a haven for mosquitos, flies and fleas - more or less a no go area in the evenings - we chose to move tables outside and eat there, to stop being bitten as much.
This hotel needs a tremendous amount of work to get it back to anywhere near a reasonable standard - I would go as far as to say demolition of the one accommodation block and dinning room wouldn't be a bad idea in order to make them fully waterproof and clean again.
On a positive note, I found the kitchen/dinning room and bedroom cleaning staff very nice. Times were obviously very hard for them, not only at work, but in their personal lives as well, yet they were always very friendly and worked hard - the bedrooms were always cleaned as best as they could be and fresh towels left and the food they served us was extremely good given the circumstances.
To sum up, beware of this place in future - when considering a stay here make sure you can see some evidence that substantial repair/rebuilding work has taken place or you may find you end up with a very wet stay.

Stayed: September 2017