“Clean, calm and just perfect”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tortola
Treasure Isle Hotel
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Tortola
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Arriving a little after midnight, having left our non-airconditioned Guest House that we had already paid for which turned into a horrid place with loud karaoke abuse, we were thrilled to find this hotel with a fine suite at zero notice. Actually, Jodi, the lady in charge had just been locking the doors and was going home after her long day at work - but she opened the entrance again for us and thus saved us weary travelers. We named Jodi our "Angel of the Night". We found our room to be pleasant, clean, air-conditioned and most of all: calm and quiet. We slept perfectly. The next morning, a healthy breakfast was offered at the hotel restaurant. I loved the great views of the harbor (Road Town) and also the beautiful setting of the courtyard by the pool. At check-out, Annie became my "Good Fairie": not only did she locate all of the postage stamps that I needed for my important letters (it was a Sunday and stamps were nowhere to be had, plus we were about to leave on our week-long trip with the boat). The letters reached their European destinations perfectly, as I later found out. This means that Annie had brought them to the Post Office on Monday, as she promised, and quite possibly may have had to add a few more stamps. It is the people that make a hotel a success. Jodi and Annie really accomplished this by their personal support to us travelers in need.

Room Tip: Ask if there will be a loudspeaker-enforced karaoke night lasting till 01 a.m. Ask if their king si...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Well... Long story! The service is the worst service in tórtola !
We checked in and been told to be fast because kitchen was closing! So we run... The food took lots of time to be prepared! And in the míddle of dinner our server Just dissapeared! So the Steward vane out all wet to buss all the plates in a very rude way. Front desk closed! No staff to help!
Next day i asked the front desk lady for manteinance at night... What If something happens at night? If we have a broken toilet? Or some emergency? And she answered me saying... Oh no! You must run If something happens at night because there are nobody to assist or help in case of an emergency!
Then., there is no bellboy or any help at all.
We checked out and come back one week after. And the lady at front desk un a very rude way told me: oh we don't have any check in for today!! I don't have your reservation!
I showed her my reservation Paper and she looked it very mad... I said that i had put my credit card on it and she told me but is not charged!! She was so mád ! She told us that she didn't have our reservations Finally she talked with her supervisor and decided to give us rooms... But.. The check in is at 3pm, it was 2pm!!!!! You need tol Wait ! But maybe you can help me with the rooms right Now? We were 6 persons with lots of luggage in The lobby! But she did nothing! Well Just put an ugly face and rolled up her eyes! You need to Wait! At that moment i decided to go to another hotel!!!!!!ò
So i told the lady that we were leaving and she got mad! And told me that she was going to charge me the rooms anyway! Wow! Rude and abusive!
She talked with someone and Finally told me that the rooms were "”ready and that we can decide!
But we left! She was soooo rude! She told me: leave, go some place else! We of course, went to another ohotel!
Amazing the way they lost 8 passengers! I will never recommend this hotel !! Never!!!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Maiu P
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Treasure Isle is located on the outskirts of town, 15 minutes walk should get you back into town to grab some grub or just to take in the beautiful scenery. The hotel room was very clean and modern, had a great view to the dock and beach (the hotel is on the opposite side of the beach). There is a pool near the restaurant and bar but it didn't look to be well maintained. The food was superb at the restaurant and you can always customize your order depending on the availability of what you want. The bar is reasonably stocked and you should be able to identify a familiar drink after the long trip to get to BVI. Staff are friendly and helpful and try to make you comfortable, always with a smile. There are plenty spots to pick up the WiFi and its free and has good speed, the TV also has a good blend of local and international channels. Whatever you do make sure you enjoy the room's splendour and relax a little, you deserve a vacation even on the job!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We had lunch here one afternoon. To get to the dining room we had to walk by the amazing pool. We were promptly greeted and our order was taken. We both ordered bean soup and I had a club sandwich with fries and she had a chicken Cesar salad. Dining room is huge with one whole wall open. A great breeze was blowing while we overlooked all the boats in the harbor. Our server was very professional and the meal was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel is pretty average. I stayed here for 3 nights while attending a workshop, Do not expect much for customer service, the staff was very nice but never seemed to be in a rush to attend to their guest. Rooms were clean, food was average. The Wifi on the property works most of the time in most parts of the hotel. A few times I had to stand outside my room just to catch a signal.

All in all, Average.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel has potential, but isn't there yet. There are two buildings on the property; the lower building with the lobby and rooms and an upper building with rooms. My fourth floor room required 110 steps from the lobby level. A golf cart is used for transporting people with luggage from the lobby level to the upper building, but to walk to and from the lobby or to the street is challenging.

For breakfast on my last day, I ordered the 'oatmeal with toast'. When the toast wasn't received, I was told, "You have to order the toast when you order the oatmeal." The cost is the same whether you get the toast or not. Really? I wonder if I ordered bacon and eggs I would have to specifically ask for the bacon. Great view from the restaurant, but the decor is very boring.

Were in the 21st century yet no hairdryer in the room.

Nice staff. Mark, the golf cart driver, is very accommodating. Clean rooms, but bring if you wish to read in bed, bring your own bulbs. The bulbs are 60w at best. The room was quite quiet.

Room Tip: As for the upper building; good view and quiet.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel was clean and the room finally assigned had a good view but that is it.
Customer service was not consistently good.
Golf cart ride to get to rooms fast and bumpy.
The room that I was assigned had dirty water in the pipes. The 2nd room assigned that night was as bad. Third room was basic with only a shower and extremely soft bed.
Cable reception poor and poor selection of channels.
Restaurant service inconsistent as two occasions the food took extremely long to arrive and only one was timely. There were only 3 then a total of 5 people in the restaurant at any time.
In the evening the mosquitoes were biting and there was no repellant or other insecticide available.
Food in the evening was poor in quality. Entree arrived cold and had to ask for it to be warmed.
When leaving early in the morning called the reception twice for assistance with luggage but no one answered. Had to "lug with luggage" from the upper level of the hotel to lobby with all of the steps and noise made by lugging.
No-one was at the reception which had a shutter down indicating that it was closed. A sign was on the counter requesting that persons call a land or mobile line to get an employee's attention. Pity the guests who have checked in were not given that number upon arrival or even once it was explained that one would be leaving at dawn's early light. The a/c was off in the lobby so it was uncomfortable waiting for my ride.

I could write soooo much more.

The hotel does not properly reflect the warm hospitality of the people of BVI nor, for that period, the excellent cuisine that I was exposed to elsewhere in BVI.

I was glad to see the back of the hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business