“Fine in a pinch but not ideal”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tortola
Treasure Isle Hotel
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Tortola
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Fine in a pinch but not ideal”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My family stayed here one night while waiting to pick up a boat at the nearby dock. We didn't have any of the particular troubles other recent reviewers reported, but I can't say I recommend the hotel if there are other options available. The rooms were clean enough but somewhat musty, the food was good enough but nothing special, the staff was helpful enough but not particularly eager to assist with issues. It just seemed a bit subpar for the price we were paying.

A couple tips - They do have free internet but the password they give you isn't really a password. It's actually the SSID for a hidden wireless network. It took us awhile to figure this out as we kept trying to connect to the network labeled guest. Also, if you eat at the restaurant, don't let the lovely view of the water distract you from the mosquitoes that may be biting your ankles while you eat. My husband and I had a lovely set of a couple dozen bites each by the end of dinner.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wideawakenow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was, by far, the worst hotel and customer service I have had the misfortune to come across. To begin with, the room I booked wasn't available and the front desk person could not have cared less. In fact, the front desk staff was just rude. The room we were given had no bathroom door, the shower had no place to put soap and the carpet was dirty. When we tried to get coffee the next morning, there was no where to get any on the premises. This was the BIGGEST waste of $179 I have ever spent. I will never, EVER, go back there. I only wish there was a rating less than a "1" because a "1" is way too good for them.

Room Tip: Don't book here if you want a good room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Amy R

Travelers are raving about these Tortola hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Where do I begin? First, at check in we had reserved a deluxe room with tub and balcony but they had none and didn't care that we had confirmation. Room was musty. No bulbs in the lamps. No door on the bathroom. No soap dish in the shower. Just one towel and washcloth. Toilet wouldn't flush. We were supposed to have bottled water in the room but had none. All in all a terrible experience! Gave them one dot because I can't give them a 0! Don't stay here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank William R
London
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Did I book this hotel for a second time? I hoped that things may ave got better in 3 years. They haven't.

As with last time , it took me half an hour to check in as the hotel card machine wasn't working. This was initially "a problem with my card" and indeed all of my cards (!!!) until they realised what I had said was correct and they had lost connection!

The rooms are basic. There is no proper bathroom, just a bathroom area. The carpet in my room was filthy.

The restaurant is pure comedy. They consistently only have selected items on the menu - I didn't think a request for a club sandwich was too difficult but, in the week I was there, it proved impossible. Once you have ordered, the service is slow and it appears rare to receive exactly what you asked for. On one morning at breakfast, orders at each of he five occupied tables in the soleless restaurant were sent back. I did have to smile at an earlier review that was positive about the service. Goodness knows what the comparison was. Service is certainly friendly, but that is all.

For such a beautiful island (excluding the east end and Road Town which are awful), he choice of hotels is very poor. The Mooring seems to be the best central choice. Unfortunately fully booked when I was there.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SDDLondon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel a week ago. I must have been the only person in the hotel as I do not recall seeing anyone else. I say even Casper the ghost has left, you would be lucky if even got ghostly company. I said to friend you would have more fun in a morgue or a cemetery as there will be things to do or read. The reception closed late at night so god help you if you were to lose your key or it didn't work cause there is no way to contact them, other than a contact number, so make sure your phone is charged and full of credit.

You will enjoy breakfast (if you can find out when it is) on your own, You will enjoy dinner on your own, once again as there is no one else. This was told was the premier business hotel. I have seen busier hotels 2 star hotels in less exotic countries.

Do not be fooled, stay somewhere else, even if you want to say near town, as this one is really worth giving a miss.

AVOID AT ALL COST

Room Tip: I regret staying here, money better spent elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Mizan777
St. Thomas
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights......I would have rather slept in a shelter. The worst customer service experience ever. The bathroom was filled with mildew and when I told the owner about it she said the tiles were slippery because they were "marble". It never had any hot water I had to take a "bath" by "sink". When I wrote a letter to complain and requested my money back ($450.00USD for 2 nights) I was called a liar in so many words by the MANAGER. INSTEAD OF ARGUING WITH HER (MARGARET PENN) I JUST REFERRED IT TO MY BANK.

I WILL NEVER STAY AT TREASURE ISLE HOTEL EVER AGAIN!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Emmy K
St. John's, Antigua
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel was chosen by a mutual friend, for my husband and I to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
The view was spectacular! From our room we viewed boats at anchor and those coming and going several times a day between the other British Virgin islands and the United States Virgin Islands. The loacation was great, affording us the opportunity of taking a leisurely walk into the shopping area or to take the ferry to a neighbouring island, thus making it not necesarry to hire a taxi.
The hotel itself was somewhat of a challenge, since the room was located high on the hillside acessable by climbing over 100 steps. When it rains and one is in the dining room, one has to stay put until the rain lets up. There is no bellboy service, which I believe is due to the fact that the hotel is presently being renovated. However the receptionist trolleyed us to our rooms upon our arrival.
The staff is very pleasant - especially the dining room staff. We met some from Dominica, St. Lucia and Jamaica who were ver welcoming. Thanks to Henrietta Georges, we were able to get in touch with an old acquaintance.
Communication about the hotel was sadly lacking. There was no leaflet or brochure in the romm to guide us as to what services or amenities the hotel provides. Was there a gym? What time is breakfast, lunch and dinner served? Was there room service? What time does the dining room close? We played it by air and had a n enjoyable time.

Room Tip: If you are physically fit and like stairs choose the higher rooms, if not, opt for a lower level one...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple