If you are staying here you will need plenty of bug spray! Having said that, I enjoyed my stay considering the price. BVI is expensive. I was visiting the island to look at sailboats, so knowing I would be spending my time away from the hotel I wanted to save some money. Tamarind Club is close to the airport and cost effective for BVI, however, a cab ride to anywhere you would want to go is going to cost about $25.00. The pool is well done and even has a little swim up bar. It is set back in the trees away from everything, so it is very peaceful. The food is really good off the menu. The provide some toast and boiled eggs complementary for breakfast, so don't get your hopes up in the morning. The hidden gem of the place is the proximity to Joshua's Bay and beach. Very nice beach that usually only gets locals. I went for a morning swim and was the only person on the beach. Great place to read a book or catch some sun. The staff was very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hillside Hotel with views over Josiah's Bay Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Hotel.de so you can book your The Tamarind Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tamarind Club Hotel Tortola
- Tamarind Hotel Tortola
- The Tamarind Hotel
- The Tamarind Club Tortola, British Virgin Islands