We stayed at the Tamarind over New Year 2011-2012 in a two room suite, and were not very impressed. A very small en suite facility which we could hardly turn round in, and a very poor standard of room cleaning (this is the first hotel in 30 years of foreign travel where we left no tip for the cleaning staff), made for a mediocre experience. This was made worse my hordes of smokers polluting the food and bar service areas, along with a pack of smelly dogs. Food was good on the few nights we ate at the club, but the service took absolutely ages - over an hour on one less-then-memorable occasion !
All in all, a good place if you like tobacco fumes and dogs, but otherwise best avoided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hillside Hotel with views over Josiah's Bay Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Hotels.com and HRS so you can book your The Tamarind Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tamarind Club Hotel Tortola
- Tamarind Hotel Tortola
- The Tamarind Hotel
- The Tamarind Club Tortola, British Virgin Islands