My husband and I just got back from 5 days at the Long Bay Beach resort and had a great time. When we arrived at the resort, we were greeted right away and were given maps to the resort, room keys and a welcome rum punch that was delicious! The room was a deluxe hillside room (room 214) and had a wonderful view of the beach and Jost Van Dyke. The pool is nice and has a good swim up bar and snacks. The beach is great , but the water in front of the resort is quite rocky. We went far to the left from the resort and found the water a bit more welcoming. We read some other reviews and expected this though so no problems. The room was a nice size with a fridge which kept our water and Carib lager ready at all times.
Since we were only on the island for a few days, we did not do too much in the way of activities. The Dive shop can take you on afternoon snorkeling trips for about $100 per couple-we won a trip at the manager's reception but it was right when we left so we could not go and passed it on to some other guests. The food at 1748 is good, but make sure you check with the front desk to find out what they are serving each night as it changes. We did go shopping in Road Town, not too much there but a nice little excursion that costs $20 per couple round trip.
All in all, a clean, spacious room with an amazing view and some of the most friendly people we have ever met! We would definitely go back for more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful, mile-long stretches of white sand beach in the Caribbean, Long Bay Beach Club is truly the gem of the British Virgin Islands. Guests enjoy terrific accommodations including Beachfront Rooms and Suites. The resort amenities include the historic beachfront 1748 Restaurant & Bar, tennis, amazing beach and much more. Fantastic location on Tortola's much sought after West End, just minutes from Soper's Hole Marina. Popular excursions include sailing, diving, sightseeing, and shopping. Great restaurants, bars, and nightlife nearby. Perfect for couples, friends, and families. Also ideal for those seeking a land / sea vacation that includes sailing and hotel stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Long Bay Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Resort And Villas
- Long Bay Beach Hotel
- Long Bay Beach Resort Villas Tortola
- Long Bay Resort Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Club Tortola, British Virgin Islands