Most Important... Several reviews suggest NOT renting an oceanfront room. We couldn't disagree more. We visited other rooms and ours was superior, by far. (Don't get the bungalows on stilts, get an actual room.) It was large, with a big covered deck. What views!!! And we were lulled to sleep by the surf each night. Our stay would not have been the same had we NOT had an oceanfront room. And, it certainly did NOT smell fishy or salty or musty. It was wonderful.
We WOULD recommend this resort, so long as you set your expectations appropriately!
So we were very happy with our room, and the views!!! We worked with the Dive Shop there (friendly and helpful) and the on-premises car rental agencies (quick and nice!)... we'd highly recommend both. The Guest Services staff was helpful in arranging our dolphin swim and White Squall outing to Norman & Cooper Islands (don't miss it).
However, prepare to be laid back and overlook some other "issues" at the resort. The service is just plain bad... generally slow and apathetic, though you do meet the occasional attentive staffer. The food is below average... breakfasts are good and the Palm Terrace occasionally performs. Order desserts at your own risk... we found each one to be inedible. (Coco Plums is a short walk and very yummy!) Skip the spa services; they're not relaxing. The pool is not great. And, if you plan on using the fitness center, bring a towel from your room. It's humid... you'll sweat and chances are you won't be supplied with a towel.
Tortola and surrounding islands are just stunning, and this resort is in a serene, beautiful location. We found the physical beauty of Long Bay beach to greater than that of its much-heralded neighbor, Smugglers Cove.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful, mile-long stretches of white sand beach in the Caribbean, Long Bay Beach Club is truly the gem of the British Virgin Islands. Guests enjoy terrific accommodations including Beachfront Rooms and Suites. The resort amenities include the historic beachfront 1748 Restaurant & Bar, tennis, amazing beach and much more. Fantastic location on Tortola's much sought after West End, just minutes from Soper's Hole Marina. Popular excursions include sailing, diving, sightseeing, and shopping. Great restaurants, bars, and nightlife nearby. Perfect for couples, friends, and families. Also ideal for those seeking a land / sea vacation that includes sailing and hotel stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Long Bay Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Resort And Villas
- Long Bay Beach Hotel
- Long Bay Beach Resort Villas Tortola
- Long Bay Resort Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Club Tortola, British Virgin Islands