This was a last minute booking so I did not expect much especially having read some of the negative reviews. What a really pleasant surprise.
Check in and (sadly) check out were fast and efficient. Loved the rum punch. Roxanne could not have been more cordial and knowledgeable, and this was the general attitude with all the staff. Our cabana was basic but clean, we'll maintained, and bug free. We had a glorious view of the beach and water from our deck. The cabana could use an update but at less than $300 a night, I have no complaints. I'm used to a firm mattress, others who are not may have a problem, and softer pillows would have been appreciated. It also would have been nice if the windows had worked, I would have loved to have the wind blowing through. Air conditioning is available but we did not use it. The only other negative was that the safe was broken but petty crime does not appear to be much of a problem, none of our property was disturbed.
The cabanas are duplexes and if you have neighbors, better sound proofing is needed. We were fortunate that our next door neighbors left on our second day. However, I think most noise is drowned out by the ocean.
we had dinner at the restaurant once and breakfast twice. In all instances, the food was good, well prepared, especially the vegetables sides, well served, all in all a good value. I did not experience any unprofessional conduct by the staff as mentioned in some of the reviews. I have found that if you interact with people in a respectful and civil manner, you will receive the same in return. This seems particularly true in Tortola. The best and truest advice I've read on Trip Advisor is to begin every conversation with "good morning."
Long Beach bay is a beautiful beach but except for a small area near the restaurant, there are too many rocks for swimming.
All in, I have to say that this is a wonderful place to stay. Do rent a car, there is nothing walkable nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful, mile-long stretches of white sand beach in the Caribbean, Long Bay Beach Club is truly the gem of the British Virgin Islands. Guests enjoy terrific accommodations including Beachfront Rooms and Suites. The resort amenities include the historic beachfront 1748 Restaurant & Bar, tennis, amazing beach and much more. Fantastic location on Tortola's much sought after West End, just minutes from Soper's Hole Marina. Popular excursions include sailing, diving, sightseeing, and shopping. Great restaurants, bars, and nightlife nearby. Perfect for couples, friends, and families. Also ideal for those seeking a land / sea vacation that includes sailing and hotel stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Long Bay Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Resort And Villas
- Long Bay Beach Hotel
- Long Bay Beach Resort Villas Tortola
- Long Bay Resort Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Club Tortola, British Virgin Islands