Long Bay Beach Club
$204
$245
$238
Travelocity
St. John Inn(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$209
Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$196
  • Breakfast included
Gallows Point Resort(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$475
$395
$203
TripAdvisor
All reviewslong bay beachsmugglers coverum punchvirgin gordawest endswim up barelite island resortsroad townall inclusive planrented a carall inclusive optionbody surfinglaid backsoft sandroom safetropical fusionoff season
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

well situated hotel with friendly staff. food a little 'american' in that it's a quite outmoded health-wise (they don't even squeeze their own juice!), but all in all not completely un-reasonable for this part of the world. the beach is wonderful. an early morning dip at this time of year will almost guarantee the beach to yourself.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank kikizaza1
Reviewed May 20, 2013

What a treat! I arrived at night, after a rather long journey and I was not looking forward to my stay - Long Bay was suggested when the usual places I stay were booked solid for an international gathering of Rotary Clubs. The $50 taxi ride from the airport [into Road Town is $34 or so] was long and admittedly pretty with lights sparkling on Tortola's hillsides, but as it was dark that was its only attraction [except that I got 'the singing cab driver' who has a lovely voice]. So, up and down, and 45 minutes later, I was ceremoniously handed over to the Long Bay staff who whisked my luggage inside, offered a cooling towel is dispatch journey grime, and the choice of a juice or rum punch.
The rest of the registration was equally painless [registration has been completed by telephone and there was no rewriting of info so common in the Caribbean]. The pleasant receptionist explained the hotel services and supplied a brochure so I could refer to it. The restaurants, the bar, the game rooms, the pool, the transport to other places.
She booked me a cab for my morning appointments, then she had me whisked up a hill behind the reception building to a very pleasant hillside condo unit consisting of a kingsized bed and off to the side a recessed closet with an enclosed toilet and sink on one side and a commodious walk-in shower [rain shower head and lovely tiles] on the other side. A built-in safe is on one closet wall. Three steps down is a smaller open area with a pair of arm chairs and footstools, a bar sink and half size refrigerator. From it one enters the 8 x 8 terrace and looks out at night at some sparkling slights and during the day at the gorgeous bay, some neighboring islands. The accommodations are well built and nicely fitted. Everything is exquisitely clean and shining. The bed is comfortable. The unit has a/c [noiseless and responsive to adjustments by the thermostat] and a ceiling fan. The terrace has a light switch as does the entryway. And the paths leading down to the social areas and on to the beach. Both restaurants are on the sand, one an open air terrace and the other upstairs and a bit more formal [the Italian is labeled 'elegant casual' in the services listing and that sounds right; the open air is totally casual [although in the BVI people do NOT wear bathing suits uncovered except in the water or on the beach - cover ups are fine, though].
You might not want to leave the beach - beautiful white sand one that is long enough for a good walk, planted with enough palm trees for shade is steps [but ecologically helpful steps that keep the dunes] away from the beachfront accommodations.
It is possible there is rude or unfriendly staff about, but I never saw one person without a smile and a kind word.
People are mostly visibly delighted and this means a long walk by the water is often punctuated by a 'Good morning' or 'Good Afternoon' or 'Good Night' [the latter is a greeting here, not a good bye]. And sometimes more conversation. I often offer to take pictures of people who I observe taking pictures of each other and twice this past weekend, couples gushed about how much they really love the place: once on the beach and once at the reception to the spa.
There are beachfront units, quads and single houses as well as the hillside units. Most are owned by people who have the Long Beach rent them out during the times they do not use them. The design is smart, unobjectionable and made for low maintenance - perfectly suited to purpose and climate.

I intend to stay nowhere else when I am not sailing.

Room Tip: choose a hillside unit if you want a panoramic view and do not mind steps. but the beach is gorgeous and you hear the waves.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank eitravel76
Reviewed May 16, 2013

found a special for the summer and decided to take the plunge!

from the time we arrived, and we met althea at the front desk everything was super! we got in early, but they prepared our room for us ahead of time and mr. robinson (i later found out he is the manager!) took the time to put our bags on the little golf cart and whisk me up instead of making me wait for someone else. very kind, and he was always somewhere at hand with a smile and checking in to make sure all was going well.

cooled off at the pool bar with cheryl, 'miss sweet and sour'... she's much more sweet, trust! she regaled us with tale after tale, and greeted and kept track of all the visitors at the swim up bar with aplomb. most were there to see HER, having visited year after year. one even checked in via a relative's ipad to tell her that she was sorry she could not make it this time, and she missed her! i don't know what she does to the food but standard grill fare was always delicious. if she did not have it at the bar, she made a call and did her best to satisfy everyone.

speaking of which, any little request you had, if a member of the staff heard you and it was not within his or her purview, they'd just make a call and see what they could do. if it was possible, they made it happen.

realizing that we were there during 'low season' we expected things to be okay but were surprised to find that the grounds were impeccably kept, staff members were by and large cheerful, and service was excellent. the meals at the restaurant were a-one superb as well. from breakfast to lunch to dinner, we were always pleased with the presentation, the service, and the flavors.

we enjoyed the gym (2 of the machines were out of order but there was plenty there and we got our workouts in!), hiking nearby belmont estate, and much lounging and relaxing. we were not there long and mostly relaxed... should we have desired more activity, car rental, island tours and marine excursions were right there on property.

it was a memorable vacation, one i am so glad we took. thanks to the entire staff and management, we felt like family.

Room Tip: decide what you will want to do most, and pick a room near the pool, the beach or in the hillside above.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank katchandkeep
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't stay here again. It's a very expensive hotel, food mediocre to poor. Staff downright unfriendly. A couple of them did not even answer us at the dinner table. Strange situation there. Drinks were weak and unimpressive. Staff pushed and pushed a time share deal that took up a whole afternoon. Avoid at all costs. Cleaning ladies were downright rude when we left our room late. No, no place for a vacation and very, very overpriced! If you are there, go to the Bomba Shak - that was great fun.

• Stayed: November 2012
GuestAmbassador01, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Long Bay Beach Resort and Villas. We value our guests' feedback as a way to continuously improve our guests' vacation experience. We are sorry that you were disappointed with your stay.

We host hundreds of very happy guests each week, and we consistently earn excellent reviews. This is because we work very diligently to deliver a relaxing, stress free vacation in a beautiful setting, with some of the friendliest staff in the Caribbean.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I just came back from Long Bay Beach resort and let me tell u, I will 100% be returning. My girlfriend and I had the best trip I've ever been on. I've stayed at this resort before but this time it just felt different. We stayed in one of the resort's beach front cabanas and had the most beautiful view you could ever imagine. Every morning we woke up to the sun rising over the water which just priceless to see. Every night to would watch the sun set. All from our own personal deck. Long Bay is located on its own little corner of tortola so its very quiet and romantic. The beach in my opinion is the beach beach on the Island. The water is crystal clear. We saw fish jumping and sea turtles swimming infront of us as we ate breakfast. The food there is amazing aswell. We ate breakfst and dinner there everyday. We even had lunch there a couple of time while swimming. The resort has a fantastic swimming pool with a swim up bar. I could write about this place for hours but Ive gotta go back to work. To sum everything up, with the very friendly staff, extremely clean room, gorgeous beach and views, this is withuot a doubt the best vacation I've ever been on thx to the Long Bay Beach Resort. I will see you again!!!

Room Tip: Beachfront cabana!! View and the sound of the ocean while u sleep. AMAZING!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple