All reviews pool suite outdoor shower new owners all inclusive package beach restaurant chef bernard island tour west end apple bay main restaurant new friends each evening lobster road town beach access large balcony other islands
Reviewed May 7, 2017

We came to Tortola with no experience in BVI straight away from the Ritz on St. Thomas and this was such a relief. Very chill (at least when we were here) and the food was great, the setting was awesome and relaxing, the staff were very real and quite funny if you chat them up.

We rented a car which is a must... cabs are far more expensive as highlighted to us by Abiola (who greeted us). Must see beaches are Smugglers Cove and Brewers Bay (both on the same side of the island and very convenient)... we also ferried over to The Baths which was fun but we liked the local beaches more.

Have a sunset dinner at the hotel one night and BananaKeet another night.

We stayed in room 114 which felt slightly basic but was very clean and really all you need. The grounds are also pretty and you have a private beach across the road with great hot dogs and other snack foods/drinks ;) You will not have a bad experience.

We got the sense that with ownership changing hands there may be some adjustment going on but again, such is life... we have been all over the planet and will be back for sure!

Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank jkstl
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful resort. Grounds immaculate. Very friendly and attentive! Plan on visiting again!! Great beach and pool and near west end. Plan on aristocat charters for day excursions. Awesome combo. Loved it

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Chester M
Reviewed May 3, 2017

This hotel is just great unplugging for a while. A beautiful pool and great but small beach, good sized and well serviced rooms. The landscaping combined with each room is a little bit of paradise. The grounds are well cared for and the Sugar Mill restaurant should not be missed (see that review separate). Close to Long Bay Beach and Smugglers Cove Beach if you are that daring.

Room tip: Each room has a unique feature and view
Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed May 3, 2017

We stayed at the Sugarmill Hotel in April 2016. Due to conflicting work schedules we were not able to visit in April 2017. A few of the people we met in 2016 were able to make it this year and of course, had a wonderful time. I have stayed in touch with my "Mill" friends and we reminisce about the wonderful time we had there. Today I received a personal e-mail from the owner, Lady Mary advising me that she would do what she could to assist my wife and I with dates in April of 2018 should we be able to attend the new " April Reunion" of returnees. I am so pleasantly flabbergasted at how well the customer service is at Sugarmill. I so look forward to returning and enjoying superb hospitality from Lady Mary, Sir Dennis and the gang at "The Mill"!

Room tip: Speak to staff about what type of room you like.
Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank stevebriskey
Reviewed May 2, 2017

Being a very busy lady I find it very difficult to find the time to write reviews, however my last trip to the Sugar Mill was so delightful I must share it.
This was my second visit and I have just booked again for another two week stay in heaven,
This is a top class venue a fact which is not reflected in its most modest charges.
My friend and I opted for the all inclusive package which includes all food in the exclusive restaurant and all drinks and imaginative cocktails in the elegant bar /lounge.
The exhaustive wine menu has been compiled by our host Dennis who, drawing on his experience as a French Monaco domicile, coupled with his world-wide travels, has been able to produce a list of some of the words best vintages all freely available for his fortunate guests ,
I could go on to list the delights of the island but suffice to say, if you choose to stay at The Sugar Mill ,you will not be disappointed.
Anne (Lady)

Room tip: All rooms good
Date of stay: April 2017