“Hard to find, but worth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tamarind Club

Tamarind Club
Ranked #24 of 148 Restaurants in Tortola
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
“Hard to find, but worth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I only found this place in my last two weeks on Tortola, but enjoyed it very much. When you find it and get parked it is very cool with tables, couches, a cool bar and a swimming pool. Food is very good, and reasonable. This was the only place I ever found on the Island that didn't stick rigidly to the kitchen closing time, so one night in got off work late and hungry, they hooked me up... it was above and beyond and very much appreciated! It was also the only place I ever found with draft beer. The Penko chicken fingers are very good, as are the Tapas. Friendly service, free internet. Recommended.

Seattle, Washington
“Unbelievable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I feel bad I didn't write this review earlier. My husband and I, along with another couple, stayed at The Tamarind Club the day before and the day after our bare boat charter in early December 2012. We had a great time! The rooms were clean and spacious. But the hospitality was even greater. The food was mouth-watering. Early one morning, my husband asked the bartender whether he made a good Bloody Mary. He answered "No point in making a bad one." We will definitely be back in 2013.

• Visited December 2012
Hartford, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Bar in the BVI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Tamarind Club is the kind of place my loved ones should look if I ever disappear--great people, a beautiful spot and cheeseburgers to die for.

Visited October 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Fun Party Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Nice swim up bar, but the brunch wasn't as glorious as we had been led to believe. We stayed the night and the rooms were ok. Nothing fancy. Good place to meet up with other ex pats.

Visited September 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Just Amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were on a "bar tour" of the BVI after buying a book locally. Basically, you go from location to location, get a free drink and have the bartender sign the book.

The Tamarind Club was one of our last stops on the day before we left. IF we had started there three days earlier we would have never left.

It's a tad difficult to get to, we had rented a car so got lost a few times. However, every taxi driver on the island will instantly get you there.

Bar is cozy, staff beyond friendly. Food is OFF THE CHARTS..

Next trip, I plan to stay there.. It's an amazing place.

• Visited November 2011