“Tasty, and popular!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of BananaKeet Cafe

BananaKeet Cafe
Ranked #1 of 148 Restaurants in Tortola
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Kids, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual fine dining with exceptional foods, friendly service & spectacular sunset views!! Open daily for Sunset Happy Hour: 4-6pm $1 off all cocktails. FREE 'Sundowner' at Sunset! ALa carte poolside dining 5:30-9:30. Live legendary music Fridays from 6pm CAFE SEASONAL CLOSING: September 15- REOPENS October 15 Closed for ALL Public Holidays
Arlington, Texas, USA
“Tasty, and popular!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

We stayed at the hotel connected to BananaKeet Cafe, and were able to eat and watch the patrons for a couple days. Very good food, and very popular- we were there in low season, and no one was on the island- but they all came here at night to eat- so much so, the cars spilled out of the parking lot and all the way down the switchback!
The views are amazing- beautiful sunsets and beautiful views of Carrot Bay. If nothing else, grab a tasty drink (they have lots of neat drinks).
Food was very good. Talked to the owners at length, and they said there was a bad period of food before them- I'll attest to it being very good when I was there in August '10.

Springfield, MO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing view. Amazing food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

This was my favorite meal during our whole trip to Tortola. The view is simple unbeatable, but the food is that food as well. They have a great happy hour food menu until 6 pm. The nachos are amazing! Everyone in my group loved their meal. If you like Tuna, this is the place to get it!

Road Town, Tortola
“Perfect night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

I moved to Tortola a few weeks ago for work and have been to this restuarant twice. The first time I went with my boyfriend on a Wednesday night. It was quiet and service was a little slow. The waitress didn't know what a mojito was and didn't ask my boyfriend how he would like his steak cooked. The food however, was delicious. I had the coconut-rum shrimp and my boyfriend had a steak with mushroom sauce and gorgonzola cheese. The food is expensive, but you get a lot of it. The second time we came was on a Saturday night for a friend's birthday with 10 or so other people. We started off with sun-downer drinks and the sunset was incredible. Dinner was amazing, the service was spot-on (our waiter was fantastic and very attentive and helpful) and the wine was reasonably priced. I had the lamb which was huge and I loved every mouthful. Highly recommended, what a difference it made to have such an excellent waiter! We will most definately be back.

1 Thank Sophie1941
Salem, MA
“Happy Hour Sunset”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

We recently went to the Bananakeet while on vacation on Tortola. We had ridden by it a couple times and finally went one night for Happy Hour. The view is SPECTACULAR. We had drinks and a happy hour appetizer. My girlfriend had a very yummy strawberry daiqurie and I had my first Pain Killer of the trip. The drinks were good. We ordered the fish tacos. To me, fish tacos are like prime rib; when I see it on a menu, I want it. They were very good and they really hit the spot. The staff was friendy and the service was good. Even if the food and drinks were not as good as they were, I would still recommend going here just for the view. Three or four (of the hundreds) of pictures we took here were the best of the lot. The next time we go to Tortola, we will definitely come here for dinner. Three words to describe this place: Romantic, Relaxing, Beautiful.

Brookeville, MD
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2010

If you want to enjoy the best sunset, and the best view in Tortola, with great food and atmosphere, this is your place.