“Great Fish Sandwich at a Funky Place”
Review of Trellis Bay Cybercafe - CLOSED

Trellis Bay Cybercafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had the Mahi and Snapper snadwiches on the 7 grain homemade bread...great meal. The place was not touristy and had quite a few locals eating there.. We tend to like more of the off the beaten path places and this fits that description. Drinks we good with generous pours on the booze

1  Thank Jim S

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Go hungry the portions are generous! The Trellis Bay Cybercafe is quirky. The service was really slow, but well worth the wait.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Mediocre at best, we stopped here for coffee and a breakfast snack just to stop and take in the surroundings. The service was less than stellar which I don't understand as is an "artist" colony where one would think people would be a bit more happy or enthusiastic. I could not even drink my coffee however a few people in our party had ok drinks and snacks. We did enjoy the atmosphere aside from the staff, looking at the Full Moon Party statues, the makings of a bon fire, the boats in Trellis Bay.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Before heading to the airport after an amazing week spent in Tortola, I decided to grab a roti at Trellis Bay Kitchen. After lingering around the counter for about 5 minutes (I was seen by 1 of the 2 ladies in the back), I decided I'd have to 'ring the bell' for service. Seems like it would have been obvious I'd like to order something if I was standing at the counter. I asked if 40 minutes was enough time to get a roti to go. After deliberating amongst themselves they begrudgingly agreed. Maybe I'm mistaken, but if you work at a restaurant that's your job...to make people food?! As nasty as these two were, they could not put a damper on the amazing experience I had all week with the friendly & helpful people of Tortola. The owner seemed equally unenthusiastic about being in the service industry as he walked past & without a smile or friendly attitude asked if I'd been helped...almost afraid to hear a "no" for then he'd have to help me. I'm not sure how one can live in such a beautiful place & be so crabby.
I walked to the airport & checked in. I was SO disappointed when I got to my food. It had no flavor & hardly any filling. I took 2 bites & basically threw $13 in the trash.
Thankfully that was my last experience on the island & not the 1st...because I knew it was the exception and not the rule. After reading & hearing how friendly the people of the BVI are, I truly experienced it for a week & my experience at the Trellis Bay Kitchen will not put a damper on that. I just will not subject myself to that treatment again...

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We ate here twice while on the island. We were there during the off season and this is one of the few places that we found open for lunch so the first time was by chance but the second was by choice. The sandwiches are huge, easily shared by two people, and very tasty. The mahi mahi is excellent and the special sauce they put on it makes all the difference. Friendly service and the view is absolutely spectacular.