“Surprised... I liked it...”

Village Cay Dockside
Ranked #102 of 150 Restaurants in Tortola
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We took our dinghy to the restaurant... I wasn't expecting much but my husband had eaten there before and he really liked it. It was great. Fresh, fresh seafood in my jambalaya... great seasoning... delish.
They have a fish house with someone cutting up the fish... then next to it is the main grilling station with chef and cooks... all open...it was a great evening. Then a dinghy ride back to our boat with no need for a flashlight... full moon.
Lots of locals. Might not have the panache of other places since it seems a bit large but don't let that bother you. Enjoy.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

After wandering aimlessly looking for a place to eat, we stumbled upon Village Cay and at first were thrilled because it is an open air restaurant overlooking the docks so it was fun to watch the boats come and go. We were there for Sunday which gave us a choice of the buffet which was $25 each -- no way! Our other choice was a chicken breast sandwich from the grill for $13. We ordered the chicken sandwich and it was nothing special. We wondered if the locals got the buffet for a different price because many of them came after church and had the buffet, it was too expensive for us.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Just had lunch here and although the setting is very pleasant, on the water right next to the marina, we were very disappointed at the service. The restaurant was quiet, only about 15 customers, the server was polite and took our order immediately, a ceasar salad and a burger. I noticed atleast 2 cooks in the kitchen but after 45 minutes the food still hadn't arrived. No apology from the server even when I asked her politely about it. When it eventually arrived it was ok, but still no sorry for having to wait so long. I mean how long does it take to prepare a salad and a burger, we were not lone I saw other people also having to wait a long long time. Sorry but we shall not be returning there

1  Thank Downendgirl
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We enjoyed good food and the wait staff was wonderful, Delores and Georgia we very good and helped to us navigate the island. We had lunch and dinner here and I enjoyed a Delicious grilled Wahoo dinner, and my table mates enjoyed a chef salad topped with shrimp. The atmosphere was
was wonderful. The view is of the Harbor and the docks.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We had both lunch and dinner here. The food was excellent and the service was friendly. The view of the marina and the yachts a few feet away was fun.

2  Thank Silver2011