“excellent dinner”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We recently enjoyed a great dinner at this restaurant.The ambiance along with the service and excellent food provided a terrific dining experience for us.W e especially enjoyed the best escargot that we have ever had and we are foodies from nyc!The paella was very well seasoned and plentiful.This was especially appreciated after staying at the Scrub Island Resort & having some of the worst dining experiences of any resort we have been at!The food at Caravella is really very poor and totally overpriced.

There are newer reviews for Brandywine Estate Restaurant

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Found Brandywine on our last night in Tortola and it was the best of all the restaurants visited. I had Sea Bass (cooked to perfection with great flavors). Can't wait to get back to Tortola and enjoy this restaurant again!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were lucky enough to be part of the one year anniversary of this great restaurant. We felt at home as soon as we stepped foot on the property, the complimentary celebratory champagne helped with this of course! The restaurant is adorned with fabulous paintings that belong in a Cote D'Azur gallery and it was a real temptation to buy one as the head chef's father is the artist. Where the father is an artist so is the son and all the meals that were sent out of the busy kitchen looked exquisite and our dishes definitely wowed us in both presentation and taste. A nice touch was that the chef, who manages the restaurant with his lovely partner, came out into the restaurant and chatted to everal customers, ourselves included to see how our meal was and if anything more could be done.I honestly can't say anything bad about this lovely restaurant. The Hostess was lovely and made us feel like one of the family and the rest of her team were all beaming too as it seems to have been a great first year for them. The live musician was a real bonus too and he rounded off the experience perfectly as did the views over St Francis Drakes channel and the rest of the BVI's.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

It is almost a year since I wrote my last review of Brandywine. A year running a restaurant is a long time [ i was once in the business so I know]. Most restaurants in fact don't last a year or at best their initial enthusiasm has descended into mediocrity or worse. But I am glad to say that this is not the case at Brandywine because against all the odds it continues to improve.

I have eaten several meals there in the meantime that have been universally good, often excellent and sometimes outstanding. On my latest visit I once again had the moules [ mussels] and frites [ chips/ french fries] taht I mentioned a year ago.. Truly outstanding. A generous portion of plump succulent mussels [ they must be frozen but you would never know] in a first class sauce and Regis' latest chips which are different and just superb. Generous portions of tasty bred and butter to accompany them - and its still only $15.

I spoke to Regis as i left - he knows where i live other than in the BVI - "As good as Nice? " he asked, "Better" I said - and I meant it.

The fabulous views over the Drake channel from the outdoor section remain as good as ever.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Living in the BVI we are frequent visitors to Brandywine but usually in the evening. Dinner has always been excellent.
As we were out and about on Sunday we decided to try their Sunday lunch and it really is the best on Tortola. As I'm a voluptuos lady (I'm being kind to myself), it is obvious that I enjoy my food. I have to say being a connoisseur of the BVI's home made chips (frech fries), that Regis makes the absolute best there is. Delicious. We started with two salads, Tropical and Nicoise, both very good and followed with a steak and of course being British the roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. Better than excellent and to find a French man who can actually make a Yorkshire pud and roast potatoes better than "mother" is a real find.
We ate in the garden, a first for us, which made it a whole different experience than in the main restaurant. We will certainly do that again, it was like having a whole new dining experience and quite a delight.
I can't fault anything, please try it, you'll find Regis and Claudine perfect hosts, a terrific ambiance and creative very yummy food.