“Best Sailing School in the World”
Review of Sailing Virgins

Sailing Virgins
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Looking for a sailing school in Tortola? Sailing Virgins balances learning how to sail with an awesome adventure, especially for millennials. Our 7 day liveaboard courses turn students into skippers. We love the Caribbean with its crystal clear waters, year-round t-shirt weather and friendly locals. We also love sailing and sharing the knowledge. Our courses combine those two loves: some of the finest sail training in the world combined with having an awesome, adventurous time. Sailing Virgins teaches to ASA curriculums.
Reviewed August 15, 2017

I completed two sailing courses with Sailing Virgins this summer (June/July 2017). I came in with little sailing experience and can't recommend Sailing Virgins enough. I loved how Sailing Virgins takes a new approach to sailing by combining great instruction with full-on adventure. Furthermore, they tailor to a younger crowd which is different from any other school I came across. If you've always wanted to learn how to sail, these guys are totally the way to go.

James K, Owner at Sailing Virgins, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Thanks Chris. Awesome sailing with you. Let's get started on our inaugural alumni sailing trip in January 2018!!

All reviews
"life"
"vacation"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Once again I found myself having an epic time on Libby. I joined James Kell with Sailing Virgins on their first week of the “Down Island Sail” to Guadalupe. The first week was spent sailing 300nm from Tortola, to St. Martin, to St. Barts, to Antigua, and then finally to Guadalupe. It was a good challenge and a thrilling sail full of so much learning, great conversations, some island sight seeing, and of course beautiful blue water and sunny warm days.

There were 5 of us on this trip; 1 student (myself going for my ASA 105 & 106), 3 adventure seekers, and James (owner and instructor). I am extremely happy to say that I learned a lot from James and fine tuned some of my skills that I have been learning this year. On this trip I navigated us on a night sail of 90nm to English Harbor in Antiqua, experienced CTS night helming, and got a true feeling of beating to windward; I had sailed pretty close to close-hauled before but not like this great experience. Even the others that were there for adventure and not certification learned so much and improved their sailing skills all thanks to James’ teaching style, calm demeanor, and energetic spirit. You can’t go wrong with James, or any of the Sailing Virgins instructors, guiding and teaching you.

Sailing Virgins has been one of the important staples in my transitioning to a sailing career and lifestyle but even if that is not your goal, you simply can not go wrong by sailing with Sailing Virgins. Whether you are attending for class, adventure, or vacation you will get all three in your time with James on Libby with Sailing Virgins. It truly is an epic time that will leave you with withdrawals and an eager desire to get back out there on the water. Sign up with Sailing Virgins; you won’t regret it!

Thanks Melissa! Looking forward to seeing you become a full blooded YW skipper!

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Did the US Power-boating course with James at Sailing Virgins and was blown away with how simple and fun he made it feel. 2 days with James made me feel super confident about my new found skills!! I would highly recommend Sailing Virgins and especially this course for anyone, whether you're new to boats or not!!

James K, Owner at Sailing Virgins, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thanks Quinton! Keen to see you all back at Cooper next season! James

Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

Just spent 2 weeks sailing with James over the weekend and it was just amazing! Really great experience! I would recommend to anyone who love adventure and sailing!

Davi thanks mate. What a great adventure we had! Until next time...